Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Does Your Garden Grow!? - Garden Pics Thread

Options
  • 12-05-2009 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭

here is my years attempt.

Lots of lettice. pot with parsnips , Carrots, spinach parsley and rocket.

I also have runner beans growing and peas that are just starting to emerge from the ground.

the high winds last week distroyed half of my lettice.
    Big green pots have carrots , 1 month apart. large clay pot is the spinach. leavy pot at rear is parsnips. and the rest have a selection of space saving and Italian style lettice. Lots of colour
    DSC00744__Large_.JPG

peas
    DSC00745__Large_.JPG

french beans and runner beans
    DSC00746__Large_.JPG

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

So far so good in the green house this year.The green house is raised on railway sleepers with 9 x2 for the central walkway raised beds outside are 9x2 pressure treated timber

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Here;s three of the six bags I have of potatoes, maybe its not adventurous but I wanted to grow something easy first :)

B28F3448D3844C2EA8B5383E65485720.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Raised Beds I put links to earlier but the links don't work.
    Anyway, before.........spring,

P1000487.jpg

and a few weeks ago,

P1000541-1.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

fresh tomatoes at last:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

As has been suggested in the suggestions thread, here's the great big thread of garden pics.

Post images of your garden, gardens you've seen and thought were cool etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

AAAAAh72FdgAAAAAAQNylQ.jpg

which have been a total bitch to get going. been plenty of flowers but no fruits. had them in the mini greenhouse as i thought it might not have been hot enough for them. didn't work. so i took them out and sat them on the patio, just in case it was a pollination thing. either way I've got 3 deffo fruits now and what looks to be another half dozen in the making.

as you can see a bit of slug damage to some leaves, which happened while i was doing seriously long days in work and vigilance had dropped. back on slug patrol now nightly and seem to have one the battle

img0275y.jpg

img0276blq.jpg

img0277t.jpg

img0278b.jpg

again with a bit of damage, but this evening will tidy them right up. The plants are well established to be hinest so I'm not concerned. Pretty heavy fruiting, so the few that are going a bit manky aren't a worry either because I'm getting more than enough perfect ones.

img0279r.jpg

img0280lxk.jpg

img0281jaq.jpg

img0283k.jpg

img0284p.jpg

and finally the fruit(s) of my pepper based labours. Have had one so far, but unfortunatley the slugs got to doing what they do and it's munched. this little baby though is getting all my attention. If I only get one pepper I'll be a happy man. Saying that though, as with the aubergines, I think I'm on the verge of a pepper explosion

img0282mmk.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭keiran110

Nice garden Planet X! well done!

At least your aubergines are coming along Mystic, my half foot plants arnt doing so good. Got attacked by pests!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Been working on this for about 2 months now. Twas a right mess beforehand. Will post the original state pics when I get my USB stick back.

Is there any chance these will ripen given the "No sunshine Summer" we're having again?

P1000954.jpg

P1000953.jpg

Am going to let this one grow for a while more just to see how big it can get

i'm finding it very slow as well MP22. Wanna go halfers on a huge big mother of an artificial light. As bright as the sun?? :)

* I think I'll sticky this thread for a little while until everyone cops that it's here. It was one of the things sugested by you guys recently, but it dropped off the front page and then got a bit forgotten about. If it gets popular, sure then we can unsticky it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Big Sister

mp22 wrote: »
    Am going to let this one grow for a while more just to see how big it can get

Just discovered this site - hope you do not mind me dropping in - love gardening. All above wonderful. Has anyone grown containerised small tomatoes outdoors this year ? We have been really lucky with a super crop so far.

Some naughty Carrots?...........

P1000957.jpg

ah man, all that work and you get bonky carrots. Useful for a soup though. Mine have turned out perfect I have to say. Spent ages getting my beds ready. Not a stone to be seen. You hadn't manured beforehand had you?

I got a great crop. They're a few I thought were funnily shaped in the above picture.

This is my second load, ready to be blanched and frozen,

Early Nantes II;

P1000959.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Big Sister wrote: »
    Just discovered this site - hope you do not mind me dropping in - love gardening. All above wonderful. Has anyone grown containerised small tomatoes outdoors this year ? We have been really lucky with a super crop so far.

Hi, welcome to the Gardening forum :)
    I grow Tumbler tomatoes in pots every year - this is a really good year for them. All we need now is some sunshine to really ripen them off.

Planet X your carrots cracked me up. I have some late ones in now and I hope to get some 'interesting' ones like yours :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

some random pics of my little bit of serenity, one of the things that keeps me 25% sane, i do not know which pics are being uploaded, as each time i am only clicking on a number, some today, more later on, or perhaps tomorrow, my skills with the camera are not great, neither is the camera, feed back good or bad appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

old boy wrote: »
    some random pics of my little bit of serenity, one of the things that keeps me 25% sane, i do not know which pics are being uploaded, as each time i am only clicking on a number, some today, more later on, or perhaps tomorrow, my skills with the camera are not great, neither is the camera, feed back good or bad appreciated.

love it !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Big Sister

Gosh if that keep you 25% going the other 75% must be genius. Well done you are a total inspiration to me - thanks for sharing.

Would love half as good next year d.v.

Well done.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

old boy, your garden is beautiful.
    Ours is a new garden and I have my first veggie bed, it's going to take a lot of climbing plants to cover all the walls though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

some of the garden over the summer and lately

270720092018.jpg

270720092015.jpg

270720092014.jpg

270720092013.jpg

270720092011.jpg

picked only last night, one large pot full of tomatoes and one small pot of jalapeonos, they have started to turn red lately and are well hot :eek:

25092009013.jpg

Brilliant crop there. ^

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

thanks,

the toms are yellow ildi, orange berry and sweet million cherry

the yellow pepper is a banana pepper and then thers the normal jalapeno, a red cherry chilli and fresno chilli

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nothing to do with food, I dunno what it is even....

FlowersoftA.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭hoochio

mike65 wrote: »
    Nothing to do with food, I dunno what it is even....

FlowersoftA.jpg

Willow herb is the name of that weed-get rid!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

hoochio wrote: »
    Willow herb is the name of that weed-get rid!

Aw no - "a weed" --- a weed is a flower in the wrong place.

Advertisement