Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Does Your Garden Grow!? - Garden Pics Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭John mac

Before (18th june)
    0A547E24E7D340DBB0A02A5F7D79673B-800.jpg

and 1 week later
    22EA8DE14FB44517BA94D6DA61DD4D20-800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

I don't have a garden but i've started doing bits and pieces with our east facing balcony:

A little rockery i made in a bucket thing from ikea:
    4752560802_1ea988c6df.jpg
    4752560820_539aeb39b5.jpgPeas - this was taken a couple of weeks ago and now i have pods on them :D
    4752560808_214f16d37e.jpgA little acer I bought, hopefully will survive on the 6th floor...
    4752560804_e1516b6902.jpg A clematis, too late for flowers this year but it's stretching its way along the railing nicely. I'm not sure if the roots are in enough shade so i might put something up to keep the sun off.

I also got a lovely grapevine at the bloom festival that seems to be doing well in a nice tall pot. Must take some pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭casey junior

Lovely, well done! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Sue Rocks

this whole thread is putting my gardening efforts to shame!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

From previous posted pictures, picked these earlier today.

Looking forward to desert tomorrow......mmmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We've been harvesting onions and garlic. I'm really pleased because the garlic was just a head I'd bought in the supermarket.
    I still have carrots, parsnips, beetroot, celery, lettuce, courgettes, brussels sprouts and herbs in the bed. The tomatoes are in pots and starting to ripen, and we've had tons of peas too.

Could we please have more pics of things pleasant on the eye and not just the stomach? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

I've only really gotten into gardening in the last year or so, so I am still v.much learning but I'm enjoying it so much. My garden is still a work in progress and by no means stacks up to some of the gardens here but as a complete novice I am proud of what I have achieved this year :)

Garden1.jpg

Garden2.jpg

Garden3.jpg

Garden5.jpg

Garden7.jpg

Could we please have more pics of things pleasant on the eye and not just the stomach? :p

Fair play to anybody who has posted pics here, of anything that they have grown, edible or not.

As for the pics you have posted...........sorry, I can't find them. Must be because you haven't posted any !!

To quote an appropriate proverb

'Those who live in glasshouses should not throw stones'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

lrushe wrote: »
    as a complete novice I am proud of what I have achieved this year

Well done :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

dfbemt wrote: »
    Fair play to anybody who has posted pics here, of anything that they have grown, edible or not.

As for the pics you have posted...........sorry, I can't find them. Must be because you haven't posted any !!

here is a poster who askes for pics of flowers shrubs etc and he/she is castigated, if you do not agree with a poster then at least be polite.

dfbemt wrote: »

Indeed I haven't as I don't know how, but when I do, I will.
    In the meanwhile, can we have some pics like your man's Black Bamboo,beautiful. :o

for casey junior, here are some pics of flutereds rustic envoirnment, please excuse my camera work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Well done Flutered, your garden looks really nice. The Roses are beautiful, why do Gardeners not grow more roses? Shame really.

Keep up the good work!

The Roses are beautiful, why do Gardeners not grow more roses? Shame really.

I agree, I have a red rose (don't know exact names) similiar to Flutered, a peach miniture rose, a climbing white rose I'm training around my fence and a lovely pink rose (the ones with the long stem and their foilage and flowers in a ball shape at the top, wish I knew names:confused:). They are so pretty and more or less fool proof, I love them!! :)

Dear Flutered,

I am forever in your debt, can I come and share your idyll with you and forget all about the farmers?
    Alliums, not Onions.
    Roses, not Radishes.
    Petunias, not Peas.

I believe the red rose to be the Princes Trust, which I have on my pergola under Mme Alfred Carriere and beside Zepherine Drouhin, incroyable! :o

Someday I hope to be able to show them here when I get time off from deadheading to learn how to.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I enjoy looking at all the pic's and fair play to everyone who put theirs up.

There are some gorgeous gardens here - flutered love that wild kind of look you have going on - I must put some pics up of mine, although its nothing like some posted here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Loopy wrote: »
    I enjoy looking at all the pic's and fair play to everyone who put theirs up.

There are some gorgeous gardens here - flutered love that wild kind of look you have going on - I must put some pics up of mine, although its nothing like some posted here.

There are some parts of my garden that haven't even been dug over - and lots of concrete walls waiting to be covered with climbers. I just don't put up photos of those parts ;)

as people seem to like my rustic place here are a few more, the one thing that disappoints me is all my nice stuff was lost over the winter, ah well thats gardening for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

flutered wrote: »
    as people seem to like my rustic place here are a few more, the one thing that disappoints me is all my nice stuff was lost over the winter, ah well thats gardening for you.

Oh that is lovely, I'm jealous :D

• Advertisement

Gorgeous!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I'm really starting to go off you...
    :pac:

/jealous

Got some nice pics today in the little bit of sunshine we got :)

Blue Hydrangea2.JPG

Miniature Peach Rose.JPG

Pink Rose.JPG

Red Rose.JPG

White Climbing Rose.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

took these pics a couple of weeks ago before the weather "broke" its my bog garden I started last year , things developing nicely ! am gardening at 285 metres above sea level and is difficult at times !:p

took these pics a couple of weeks ago before the weather "broke" its my bog garden I started last year , things developing nicely ! am gardening at 285 metres above sea level and is difficult at times !:p

Love all the colour, wish I had as much space to work with!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

This is my progress so far. I feel it look far more dramatic and beautiful already given all the sweat, toil and tears it's taken! :D

Also a nice opportunity to say a big thank you to everyone on this forum for their help and advice on various questions I've asked.
    32041_396354238404_625123404_3984749_7400584_n.jpg28291_396653943404_625123404_3991481_446364_n.jpg35566_411473828404_625123404_4361646_3731720_n.jpg33398_416415063404_625123404_4478859_5182378_n.jpg34933_416415313404_625123404_4478876_1068370_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

attached photos vs. linked images

just wondering if all the people posting here know of flikr, photobucket and picasso etc. upload all your photos there and then simply copy the image url ( image location, click the wee button where it say insert image insertimage.gif and paste in your image address/url. hey presto, your image will appear on this thread in full colour to be seen immediately instead of as an attachment.

just a wee suggestion. its is pics thread and none on most pages persay..

37876_412499700938_577550938_4646776_1765728_n.jpg

37876_412499705938_577550938_4646777_1651852_n.jpg

37876_412499695938_577550938_4646775_6210546_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭hello932

wreckless in that last photo what are those big plants x 3 i see..are those kiwi vines?

Wreckless

How are you supporting your toms?

Can you post some close ups pics.

I'm very jealous :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

thanks lads

the 3 big plants are sunflowers, one is well over 8ft at the mo. ;)

the toms i have supported by garden wire, green plastic coated wire, soft enough to bend with the fingers, I use a stronger wire peg at the base of the tom and trail the wire to a wire over head, the tom grows up the wire pretty much. ill put up some images when i get them

Advertisement