Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Usernames - Bold/Italic etc.

Options
  • 17-07-2009 6:22pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I hope this is the correct forum for a trivial query like this one.

When browsing boards, you see many usernames. Some are bold, some are italics, some are normal.

What exactly does this mean?
    I'm guessing italics means a subscriber, and that bold means a mod. I'm a Hmod but obviously my username isn't in bold because everyone knows that Hmods aren't real mods :p
    So I presume that a username in bold and italics is a mod that's a subscriber.

But then I see some mods that don't have 'bold' usernames. An example would be Random. I'm not singling him out personally, I just saw his name most recently. He moderates Mobiles & PDAs but his name is not in bold writing, just italics. Why is this?

Thanks for reading this pointless question,
    Tim.

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Hey,

This is to do with usergroups and there are stars of different colours/number to match each usergroup as well. Here's the list (haven't time to look it up, so doing this from memory - apologies if I miss any):

Registered user (<5 posts): Normal font, no stars;
    Registered user (>5 posts <100 posts): Normal font, one grey star;
    Registered user (>100 posts <500 posts): Normal font, two grey stars;
    Registered user (>500 posts <10,000 posts): Normal font, three grey stars;
    Registered user (>10,000 posts): Normal font, four grey stars;

Subscribers: Italic font, four pink stars;

HMods: Normal font, three silver stars;
    Mods: Bold font, four silver stars;
    Advert Mods: Bold font, three gold (yellow, really) stars;
    Category Mods (CMods): Bold font, five silver stars;
    Administrators: Bold, italic font, five gold (yellow, really) stars;
    Boards.ie Employees: Bold font, five blue stars.

If you are a subscriber, you can choose to show yourself as being in that group and if you do so, that trumps your other groups. So, if a Mod or even Admin decides to show as a subscriber, you'll get italic font and four pink stars.

I hope that clears things up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Thank you for taking the time to answer! (I don't seem to be able to tahnk your post in this forum). That clears things up!

Thanks again!

Advertisement