Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos in Ennis

• 17-07-2009 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Has anyone else heard the rumour that Argos is opening up in Ennis in the near future? Town would seriously do with something like this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

I seriously doubt thats true, why would argos set up here? There aint the critical mass needed for it. If you want to get something out of an Argos catalogue then going to Limerick aint a big deal really. What next romour will we hear? ; Prada opening up in Clarecastle? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭seany2929

I seriously doubt thats true, why would argos set up here? There aint the critical mass needed for it. If you want to get something out of an Argos catalogue then going to Limerick aint a big deal really. What next romour will we hear? ; Prada opening up in Clarecastle? :D

Maybe because Ennis & its environs has a population of 30,000 plus it would also have a customer base for West Clare.Watch this space..........

Is there an Argos in Galway? Clare aint suited for such franchises coz weve got too many shoppers going North or South and not enough going to the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

Is there an Argos in Galway? Clare aint suited for such franchises coz weve got too many shoppers going North or South and not enough going to the middle.

yup Argos is in Galway...

Thay tried getting in before,to where Mary's of Ennis used to be!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Teadrinker

It's a time and money waster driving into Limerick just to order and pay for Argos home delivery items - a charge of over Euro 29 then being added for said delivery. Of course, if Argos opened in Ennis, it would herald the end of numerous shops, businesses and jobs.

Teadrinker wrote: »
    It's a time and money waster driving into Limerick just to order and pay for Argos home delivery items - a charge of over Euro 29 then being added for said delivery. Of course, if Argos opened in Ennis, it would herald the end of numerous shops, businesses and jobs.

Thats what they said in 1992 before Dunnes opened and it actually increased outer retail in Ennis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Teadrinker

Thats what they said in 1992 before Dunnes opened and it actually increased outer retail in Ennis

Compared to the one I'm living on, your planet sounds lovely!

Your spot on that was said alright and it did help the businesses around it!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭johnnyonionring

heard that rumour for a long time now! would be great if argos came to ennis but i can't see it happening :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement