Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend me a car thread

• 17-07-2009 6:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Does this forum not need a 'recommend me a car' thread to avoid the same questions coming up all the time?

There are a lot of knowledgeable people who post here, so why not just post your recommendation, for example for:

- car for learner
    - car for under 5K
    - car for 10K
    - small family car
    - family saloon
    - diesel
    - small automatic

. . . and so on. (Pl feel free to add commonly requested categories.)

Also, maybe people who want a recommendation could post their requirements here, and people could make suggestions.

Is this a good idea or a stupid one? If might save the proliferation of new threads and might actually keep a lot of good suggestions in one place.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,479 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

- car for learner - Toyota Aygo/Citroen C1/Peugeot 107

- car for under 5K - Mazda MX5 1.8i

- car for 10K - Audi TT 225bhp

- small family car - Subaru Impreza Boxer diesel (23k)

- family saloon - Civic IMA / Avensis D-4D / Mazda6

- diesel - SEAT Exeo TDI

- small automatic - Honda Jazz 1.4 i-VTEC I Shift Executive (E20,390)

these are just cars I like at the minute and is subject to change, everyone's tastes will be different.

Advertisement