Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go for Sunset shots?

Options
  • 17-07-2009 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Any recommendations of places to go to get good sunset shots, I am based in Swords so anywhere around there or surrounding area.

Hopefully nip out tonight and get a few shots if I get replies in time.

Thanks a million

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

The Summit car park in Howth has great views across the bay

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

If you know anyone with a boat head out to sea and you should be able to get the sun setting over various towns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

I would recommend Malahide estaury, or Sutton strand.

Actually, if I may be so bold as to boast, I have a couple of rather good sunset shots from Bull Island from 2-3 years ago. :) So I reckon you should check that place out as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Skerries harbour looking back over towards Balbriggan and Ardgillan. Its the only west facing harbour on the east coast of Ireland as far as I know so naturally you should catch some good actual shots of the sun setting along with some good sunset shots in general.

This is what you can expect (ripped from various sites)

skerries-harbour-sunset.jpg

harbour-scene-skerries.jpg

There's no denying it but Balbriggan looks better from Skerries.

On the flip side of the coin sunrises are pretty good from Balbriggan towards Skerries.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭johnc24

Hi all

thanks for your input. Appreciated.

J

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

Sun RISE from Rush is pretty cool, if its a cloudless horizon the sea looks like lava :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Rogerstown Estuary is really nice., especially with so much wild birds back. Looking towards the railway tracks upstream or back down the estuary towards rigerstown harbour. Usually some lads digging bate which adds a nice silloutte to the photos. Will post one later

Rush Harbour

[EMAIL="%3Ca%20href="]3274718433_d378aa58c0.jpg[/EMAIL]">

Birds in flight at Rogerstown

[EMAIL="%3Ca%20href="]3144666289_628b045b5b.jpg[/EMAIL]">

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

The estuary is well worth a visit. It is very peaceful. These photos are from behind the pier looking up the estuary. The one of the person in the kayak is from the opposite end, near the junction of Channel Rd and Spout Rd. You can walk all the way to balalley landfill from here.

[EMAIL="%3Ca%20href="]3740062001_7ae36f0260.jpg[/EMAIL]">

[EMAIL="%3Ca%20href="]3740061101_4f55b875eb.jpg[/EMAIL]">

[EMAIL="%3Ca%20href="]3740065815_ed03e62939.jpg[/EMAIL]">

Advertisement