Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a Vodafone IE upgrade in Newry?

• 17-07-2009 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

IIRC, it's possible to buy a Vodafone handset in Newry with a southern address.(?)

I'm not sure however if i could buy an upgrade, or if i'd have to start a new contract?

Either way, what would i need to bring with me??,

....and would there be any catches in terms of billing, customer service, or insurance?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

This is the easiest way of thinking about it. Vodafone Ireland and Vodafone UK (incl Northern Ireland) are effectively two completely different companies. There is absolutely no crossover in services, billing, customer service or anything else.

IIRC, the Vodafone store in the Quays in Newry will allow you to sign up for a Postpaid phone with an Irish address. This service and the associated contract will be with Vodafone UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

This is the easiest way of thinking about it. Vodafone Ireland and Vodafone UK (incl Northern Ireland) are effectively two completely different companies. There is absolutely no crossover in services, billing, customer service or anything else.

IIRC, the Vodafone store in the Quays in Newry will allow you to sign up for a Postpaid phone with an Irish address. This service and the associated contract will be with Vodafone UK.
    What he said. Completely separate.

For contract I'd imagine ID + POA as usual. . not sure how strict they are though in terms of signing up ROI people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I bought a UK Vodafone handset and had lots of problems using with an Irish SIM, MMS wouldn't work until it was flashed with the correct Irish firmware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

JustinOval wrote: »
    I bought a UK Vodafone handset and had lots of problems using with an Irish SIM, MMS wouldn't work until it was flashed with the correct Irish firmware.
    There are some handsets which just won't work with other network MMS but once unlocked you can input any MMS / internet settings onto most phones without having to flash.

Advertisement