Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

' my mission...i choose to accept'

Options
  • 17-07-2009 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

hello and welcome i'm 28, 5ft 9'' and weight ....13 and a half stone! and am on a bloody big personal mission to loose 2 stone! im gonna blog my way through it and would love your help and advice along the way but go gentle im beyond unfit. wish me luck!!!!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 fruitsalad

to the first of many !!!:)

a day late, bloody internet wouldnt work yest!

day one

breakfast
    1 benecol drink ....forgot to mention high cholestrol into the bargin 6.2:(
    1 orange

lunch
    1 white bread med roll
    3 slice parma ham fat removed
    mixed lettuce
    lf fat mayo (small spoon)

Dinner
    tuna salad
    tin tuna chili sml
    mixed lettuce
    5 cherry tomato
    5 olives green (yum)
    1tsp of baked beans (hot in salad)

exersise
    35min swim

not a bad day ???????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Hey OP. Best of luck.

A few things that you may/may not find helpfull but i find work wonders

1.maybe have 5/6 small meals a day instead of 3 meals. this keeps the metabolism ticking over all day and will prevent you from getting too hungry and also pigging out min one meal.
    2.your brekkie is not substantial imho. I know o couldn't survive on that!!! porridge is great and keeps you full for a while. through in some yigurt/peanut butter/ fruit to boot and you have a win!! or maybe some eggs
    3. swap the white roll for maybe wholemeal
    4.eat more than whats listed. have you worked out your daily calorie requirements. Once you have, take 500 from this number and this should take away 3500 calories over the course of a week which in theory is 1lb of fat. this deficit can be acquired through diet and exercise.
    5. i think the best advise is that whatever changes you do make, make sure they are ones that are long term sustainable.

Best of luck OP. Great start and keep up the good work.

day 2

breakfast
    1 med bowl of porriage/lf milk
    1 bencol drink

Lunch (out)
    falafel salad plate
    -4 falafel balls small
    -whole chili's
    -lettuce
    -tomatos
    -humus 2 tsp
    -onion
    -1/2 wrap

Snack
    3 slice of weight watchers fruit loaf (seriously all 3 not even the size of one reg slice)

Supper
    1 lf organic yogurt 0% fat
    15 cherrys

Exercise
    25 min fast walk
    10 min walk/run (1 min intervals)
    10 min med walk (because i was half dead!):)

happy with today esp. since we where out, which in the past was an excuse to go mad.

feel free to shout bout anything esp. the exersise as a total newbie to the exercise thing:)

thanks ulstudent, actually very true on the breakfast front had porridge today and was much fuller for much longer! always a good thing!

work tommorrow a true test surrounded by foodies and food, but feeling positive. bring it on!!!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 superhoopess

im starting today, so any tips you have please send my way.
    thanks, people like you will keep me motivated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I found those benecol drinks/butter etc a complete waste of time and can be pricey

I used the following book to help lowering cholesterol which was recommended on a thread here you might find in your local library also

Cut Your Cholestrol

fruitsalad wrote: »
    thanks ulstudent, actually very true on the breakfast front had porridge today and was much fuller for much longer! always a good thing!

work tommorrow a true test surrounded by foodies and food, but feeling positive. bring it on!!!!!:)

yeh saw that after you had posted. much more solid day on day 2!

day 3

breakfast 9.00am
    1 Bencol drink
    1 med bowl of porriage (clearly still havent learn to spell that one!)

lunch 12.30
    baked potato large
    tuna mayo (home made so extra light mayo)
    mixed lettuce
    tomato and cucumber
    and 1 med slice of warm cursty bread (it was the smell that got me)

Snack 4.00pm
    1 lf yogurt
    2 slice of ww fruit loaf (again made for prople who live in lilliput!)

Dinner 7.00
    1 chicken breast- baked
    1 med whole meal roll
    relish and lf mayo 1tsp each(ok prob more like 2 or the relish)
    tomato&lettuce

snacks 2 lollipops

exercise just heading out the door now! and its nearly bloody 10! but aiming for 10min walk, 10min run/walk (2min interv.)heavy breathing and red face and the 10min walk

must admitt bencol is actually aldi one so actually not bad on the price front at all and i love it,(im a yogurt freak!) but will defo check out link thanks.:) have blood test in 2 months so really wanna drop it.

superhoopness jump on board and start blogging, only at it the last three days but lovin it,feeling positive and could always do with some company on the road to my size 12 jeans!:)

...its after 10!

liking the fact that at nearly half 9 at night you are going out to do some exercise. Something which 90% of the country wouldn't do!!

Keep it ip

and it nearly killed me!!! but here i am alive!:)
    day 4

breakfast
    single portion of rice krispys (sml box think 30gram)
    lf milk
    benecol drink

snack
    2 necterine

lunch
    sml tuna salad with extra ligh mayo(the end of yest and enough tuna for the week)
    corn
    cucumber,tomato
    2 slice of brown slice pan
    1 fig roll snack bar

snack
    1 slice ww fruit loaf
    1 2finger kitkat

dinner
    1 steak medallion sml no visible fat cooked without fat on the bbq
    pepper sauce (packet type made with water & lf milk)
    mush&onion cooked without fat on the bbq
    1/2 corn on the cobb
    and wait for it ....chipper chips well a share a 1/3 of a bag to be acuarte.
    (just enough to satisfy)

exercise
    45 mins fast walk

really missed my porridge this morning i have to say and although dinner could be percieved as not too weight loss friendly i assure all portions sizes were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I know you don't need anyone telling you that the chipper chips was a bad idea but I just wanted to put something across as to why they're a bad (besides them hampering your weight loss)

As you probably know a huge part of weight issues/food issues are mental.

It years of bad habits built up which all need to be broken and not giving yourself a few weeks/months away the big no no's is not giving yourself a chance to engrave those habits into your diet and once they're trust me the big mac/chips etc won't be such a big deal.

it's the going to the chipper

the delivery man at the door

the opening that white bag etc attaches itself back to that "comfort" feeling one gets from such foods.

I would make a list of your worst habits

like pizza/chipper/biscuits etc

and month by month remove one of them and don't touch them for that month over a few months you will instill the habit of not grabbing the biscuit with the tea not ordering the pizza on a sat with the movie etc.

I'm probably making this sound a lot harder than it really is but i hope you get the idea.

i just seen the fig roll and the kit kat lol

your 45 min walk was probably wiped out by one finger of that and then you have the fig rolls etc

i'd really knock all this stuff on the head.

:)Day 5

breakfast
    1 bencol drink
    1 med bowl of porridge

lunch (well dinner in the middle of the day)
    small portion of homemade chicken and mushroom pie
    (made with boiled chicken,mush,onions and campells soup and topped with thin layer of filo pastry had about the size of an ... well small i cant think of something flat and small oh maybe an easy single-cheese slice)
    lettuce
    half a tomato
    1tsp of lf coldslaw

dinner
    mixed salad small to med from a deli but nothing mayo based.

exercise - heading out now i hope the rain holds off! but sure thats what rain coats are for!

hey know what you mean about the chips and other junk food, the only thing is ive tried the 'all or nothing thing' in the past and i feel its a major part of my problem. what happens is i swear off everything, lose ten pounds (my magic number..i gain and loose it every 2 months..its one of my goals to get to 11lbs down!) and have one day where im not great and get feel terrible about it and eat!eat!eat! (spot the emotional eater!) and one day leads into two weeks. so my thinking this time round is (which i prob should have mentioned before) portion control. evertything ive eaten has been half the size of whatever i ever would have done before.

but will defo write up a list of thing that would be dangerzones and maybe a list of alternatives. :)

Advertisement