Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Eircom connection after format

Options
  • 17-07-2009 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

I was having issues with zone alarm and my only way around it was to back-up my files, format the HD and reinstall XP Home.

My problem is I can't connect to the net via the PC/Netopia Modem. I have no problem connecting with my Nokia 5800, wirelessly. I have the Eircom BB set-up CD, but it gives me an error and the end.

Any ideas what the problem could be?, all connections seem to be fine.

:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

You don't say if you are using wireless or ethernet to connect to the netopia?

Either ways have you reinstalled the driver for either the wireless card or the ethernet? So long as you have not touched any settings on the router/modem you shouldn't need the Eircom set up disc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

I'm connected by ethernet. Would this be the correct driver?, I'll try it in the morning.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50661126&postcount=2

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭RAWLiNGS

I'm connected by ethernet. Would this be the correct driver?, I'll try it in the morning.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50661126&postcount=2

Thanks

Start, "Run", "DEVMGMT.MSC" hit "OK".

Device Manager Will Come Up.

Look for "Network adapters" in the list, Under that you should something like this "pci ethernet adapter 10/100", Look for any special sign on the left side of it. Something like a "?" "!" or a yellow triangle. Let me know what you find there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You don't need the eircom CD, it's a waste of time. It does sound like your network card driver isn't installed though.

Thanks guys, I'll try it again in the morning.

• Advertisement

RAWLiNGS wrote: »
    Start, "Run", "DEVMGMT.MSC" hit "OK".

Device Manager Will Come Up.

Look for "Network adapters" in the list, Under that you should something like this "pci ethernet adapter 10/100", Look for any special sign on the left side of it. Something like a "?" "!" or a yellow triangle. Let me know what you find there.
    This is what I see in the device manager. My PC is a Dell E520. I looked online for the driver, but not sure what I'm looking for. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭RAWLiNGS

This is what I see in the device manager. My PC is a Dell E520. I looked online for the driver, but not sure what I'm looking for. :confused:

Haha, thats a classic problem...

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?~ck=mn

enter your laptops id

then you should see all the drivers... donwload, install, restart, enjoy.

if you have any problems let me know.

Thank you, back up and running now.

Advertisement