Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super League weekend 17-19 July spoilers

Options
  • 17-07-2009 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭

Hull FC v Celtic Crusaders
    Leeds Rhinos v Hull Kingston Rovers
    Salford City Reds v Castleford Tigers
    St. Helens v Wakefield Wildcats

Sunday
    Catalans Dragons v Harlequins RL
    Huddersfield Giants v Warrington Wolves
    Bradford Bulls v Wigan Warriors

Just watching the Saints/Wakefield match on Sky, and while I agree with the commentators about some poor referreeing decisions, they're giving out about ones that aren't wrong. They don't seem to take into account whether or not someone is playing at the ball. Also didn't think there was too much wrong with Wakefield's first try in the second half, looked like a hand-off and his hand slipped.
    Great match so far though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'm absolutely ****ing delighted to see Saints miss that kick. If someone wants to waste two minutes at the end taking a kick to level a match then they're playing the wrong ****in sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

Saints got exactly what they deserved - absolutely nothing! Alibert was giving them everything then they score after Cunningham hits Stosic in the eye - no doubt RFL when turn a blind eye to it!

WakeyTyke wrote: »
    Saints got exactly what they deserved - absolutely nothing! Alibert was giving them everything then they score after Cunningham hits Stosic in the eye - no doubt RFL when turn a blind eye to it!

Missed bits and pieces of the second half thanks to the da so didn't see that bit, but there were a lot of niggly bits, intentional and unintentional from both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭actua11

The cats did everything in their power to lose it though. I don't think they put together a full set of five in the last 15 minutes (Knock ons, penalties, kicks out on the full etc)

actua11 wrote: »
    The cats did everything in their power to lose it though. I don't think they put together a full set of five in the last 15 minutes (Knock ons, penalties, kicks out on the full etc)

They were looking rocky too after Brough's kick went out on the full, another thing that makes Saints' decision all the more mystifying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Hoping for an end to Quins slide down the league and a win against our "local" rivals.

Oh, well, another defeat, but the young lads can be proud of themselves. Big danger we will miss out on the play off's this year unless we can get a few back. I think regardless of how we finish this year, its great how many of our English lads have signed on for at least another year.

Advertisement