Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First macro shots C&C

• 17-07-2009 10:20pm

Macro extension thing tube arrived there the other day, and since I have a depressingly boring social life, I'm in on a friday night. I've never done this macro stuff before so all comments, guides and tips are welcome!

3730663326_346b290975.jpg?v=0

3730663562_475bcccb2a.jpg?v=0

3729867555_c83fe86fc6.jpg?v=0

3729867785_8ca34dee6a.jpg?v=0

3729984123_11cc071ac1.jpg?v=0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

I like these. Very good first attempt at macro. Judging by these, there's not much you can be told at this stage.

Just a few tips if you like. Keep the lense in manual mode and focus by moving the camera in and out.

With such a narrow DoF, shooting at 2.8 can be a waste of time. Up the aperture to around f8 to f11 to achieve better results.

I prefer to use a flash for most of my macro shots. If you have a flash, you can diffuse it with translucient plastic (smoked) or something like that to achieve impressive results.

Anyway best of luck with it.
    David OS

Cheers - I don't have control over the apertuer though, its just using a tube for a fiver I got off the internet. I use the zoom to control the dof and focus, with then the final touches using the focus ring...

Advertisement