Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Pre-Season Win!

Options
  • 17-07-2009 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭

A comfortable 3-0 over Bournemouth, if there was a pre-season league table, we would surely win it every year! Bring back the Peace Cup!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

usuallly A bad omen.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

tippspur wrote: »
    usuallly A bad omen.

thats for sure - darren bent is prob banging in the goals too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Yes, that's true. We've had some great pre-seasons the last few years which usually results in a crap start to the season. I'm not expecting any different this year. :mad:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

el diablo wrote: »
    Yes, that's true. We've had some great pre-seasons the last few years which usually results in a crap start to the season. I'm not expecting any different this year. :mad:

I'm actually expecting a much better start this season. Fair enough we have some fairly tough games early on, but it looks like we're not changing the team too much, meaning everyone knows what everyone else's role in the team is and what they can do. This should allow us to hit the ground running. Having said that, our first match is against a more or less unchanged Liverpool side (barring them selling anyone to Real!) so it will be interesting to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Joycee

I reckon if we expect only slightly better than last year, hopefully we will be pleasantly surprised. Honestly I've seen too many pre-seasons that excite us all, only to be followed up by a piss-poor start to the season proper. Slightly worried no transfers as of yet too. Hopefully Harry and Levy can do the business in the next week or 10 days

• Advertisement
Advertisement