Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unsure...

• 17-07-2009 10:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

This might seem a bit controversial as I know so many women are trying to have babies and are unsuccessful. I am sorry for posting this here but did not know where else to turn to for advice...

I have a baby already and love her to pieces. I have recently found out that I am expecting baby number two and am in severe denial. I never wanted another child and we were very careful. I had immediately decided on an abortion (:() and had put all the plans into action... I am 22 years old and so so unsure of this decision.

On the one hand, I had never wanted another child and don't know how I will cope with two babies... I know every body says you will cope but I'm not certain of this. I also had a bit of a distressing birth for myself and my baby and would not like to go through this again. I am unsure if I am able to give birth naturally, but have yet to speak to a doctor about this. Another thing is, I know my parents are probably going to be so disappointed. They were when I told them I was pregnant on my first and it took my dad a while to come around to the idea of being a grand father. I don't know how they'll react to another.

I also don't know if I can have an abortion, I don't know if I'd be able to go through with it if I went over...

I don't know what to do and just really want to rant here... So far I've just been ignoring the fact that I'm pregnant... although all the signs are there, morning sickness, tiredness... Although I am being cautious of the fact that I am pregnant and am not endangering the baby in anyway.

My partner said he will support me in whatever decision I make. Ideally he would not like to terminate the pregnancy, but he says he supports whatever decision I make and will not judge me, because it is ultimately my decision. His words, not mine...

I don't know what to do...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Crises pregnancy counselling is not just for scared teenagers.
    I suggest that you make an appointment to talk out the issues and feelings you have so that you can make the best decision for you and your family.

www.positiveoptions.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭janbaby

It seems like you def have alot on your mind and alot of difficult questions that only you can answer. I think you need to talk to someone and talk all these things out. Apart from postitive options and services like that, is there someone close to you that you can trust and talk to?

If not you should post how your feeling here. Most people are so helpful and sometimes talking to compete strangers is easier, they dont know you so they don't judge you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Hi op,

you are in a very difficult situation at the moment. You really need to talk this through with a professional because you really don;t want to go through with an abortion only to find that you regret it and that it ruins the rest of your life.

Unfortunately no contraceptive in 100% so theres always a risk. My mam only wanted 2 children but ended up with 4 but you know i'm sure the majority of us werent planned babies but our families still love us all the same.

My mam found out at 43 that she was having another baby and the rest of us were pretty much grown up. It was a shock but she got through it. Could you maybe talk it through with your mother or sister or someone?

Whatever your decision, I wish you all the best.

Advertisement