Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number Port and Phone Lock

• 17-07-2009 10:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭

I have recently ported my Vodafone mobile number over to Meteor but my Sharp phone which was originally purchased from Vodafone is still locked to Vodafone.

Can a customer request a provider to issue them with an unlock code after a certain period of time or not at all?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

There's an unlocking FAQ in the sticky at the top of the forum which might be worth a read.

You need to request the code from Vodafone. If you were on prepay they usually give it out once you've topped up €130 in the last 6 months (varys). If on billpay they should just give it out usually. Ring them up and ask.

Advertisement