Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to remove express nails.

Options
  • 17-07-2009 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭

Folks is it possible to remove express nails from a wall. Yea or nay!

If so, how

If not, FFS! :D

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭mint man

easiest way is too snap them,saftey glasses are a must!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

mint man wrote: »
    easiest way is too snap them,saftey glasses are a must!

I was hoping to reuse the holes so there is not multiple holes in the side of my house. I am guessing this is not possible. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭mint man

dont know what your fixin to wall,but say if their 8mm express nails and you snapped them , you could probably get a brown rawlplug in the hole .
    they do come out sometimes ,usually takes a big bar and a lot of strenght!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,779 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

You could also try drilling them out with an appropriate bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

use a consaw or grinder to cut of the flared end. take off what ever it is fixing to the wall.

then go medieval on it. bfi is the only way. vice grips and wobble it around and try and pull it out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Martron wrote: »
    use a consaw or grinder to cut of the flared end. take off what ever it is fixing to the wall.

then go medieval on it. bfi is the only way. vice grips and wobble it around and try and pull it out.

+1
    may be no need to cut the flare off, just crush it with the vgrips and rotate it around

Advertisement