Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the point?

Options
  • 17-07-2009 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭

No offence intended by this but whats the point in keeping social.ie online?

Does anyone use it now? I mean its a great idea, if the demand is there but why is there hardly ever a mention of it on Boards?

Would linking from profile pages and making social.ie more visible on boards not kickstart it?

I'd definitely use it if it was more integrated to this site, I made a thread 3 days ago in the support forum for social.ie and nobody has replied.. and it doesn't seem to have any moderators.

Its like yesterday's jam, tbh
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I don't like jam.

Bring Adverts back into Boards too! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Random wrote: »
    Bring Adverts back into Boards too! :)

I think that boards and adverts should be seperated completely and be two seperate sites.

With social groups, visitor messages and the growth of the social forums I think social.ie is a bit redundant as I think that boards itself is doing the job now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I forgot it existed, http://social.boards.ie/group/tar-aldarion-group
    lol at least cloud is a member.

Anyway, maybe linking would be good as you suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

More integration you say?

Watch this space.
    *mysteriously nods*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I don't know what social.ie is but how can I not have an social.ie account ? Is it in the boards signup that your account and details will be migrated to other sites ? At the very least how do you get a name change on social.ie ? Boards name changes don't carry over.

• Advertisement
Advertisement