Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Broadband (LMK)

Options
  • 18-07-2009 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hiya,
    I'm living in the Limerick area, and am wondering which, according to own experience, is the best mobile broadband for my laptop, eg, o2, vodafone, etc etc...

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from AH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Riordan123

Moved from AH

huh?
    O right, now i get you!! Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Either three or o2 for prepay. don't know if meteor works here and vodafone prepay is like €140 a month on pre-pay

post pay you can get vodafone o2 or three.

[QUOTE=vodafone prepay is like €140 a month on pre-pay[/QUOTE]

€140??? :eek:

yes. they do not have a monthly package like the other companies, only a €5 per day offering

5 x 28 = 140

• Advertisement

Either three or o2 for prepay. don't know if meteor works here and vodafone prepay is like €140 a month on pre-pay

post pay you can get vodafone o2 or three.

O right ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

i have o2 broadband perfectly fine, 25 euro a month. Just avoid the carphone warehouse. Had a problem with the stuff i bought there including the modem and the staff genuinly dont seem to have a clue what they are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

yes. they do not have a monthly package like the other companies, only a €5 per day offering

5 x 28 = 140

Eh, yes they do. It's on offer at the moment for €20 a month. I've been using it with work for the past few months and it's grand.

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Eh, yes they do. It's on offer at the moment for €20 a month. I've been using it with work for the past few months and it's grand.

Are you sure is pre-pay? the boys and girls in the Crescent told me they only had the 5 euro a day offer for pre pay only a couple weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Are you sure is pre-pay? the boys and girls in the Crescent told me they only had the 5 euro a day offer for pre pay only a couple weeks ago.

That may have been the offer that they were being told to push. If you check the Vodafone website it often has a list of offers and prices that they do not mention in the stores until you ask about the specific product and service you saw online.

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »
    That may have been the offer that they were being told to push. If you check the Vodafone website it often has a list of offers and prices that they do not mention in the stores until you ask about the specific product and service you saw online.

can you link me to that, the website only has the 5 euro a day option on their site

https://www.vodafone.ie/df/mobilebroadband/
    https://www.vodafone.ie/df/mobilebroadband/gallery_details.jsp?tab=supplementary

I can ask them again.

personally would love to get vodafone as they have the bigger network. the 3 netork works pretty well except from between Limerick and Limerick Junction when travelling by train.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

The op didn't mention anything about it having to be pre pay. €20 a month is a pay monthly option with Vodafone, but if you aren't doing any major downloading it's pretty good value.

https://www.vodafone.ie/df/mobilebroadband/gallery_details.jsp;jsessionid=2C808F513A01B7A5017422ABFCDE9A8E?tab=paymonthly

and I did mention vodafone post pay. and that meteor are not availible in Limerick as of yet.

and yes he didn't mention pre or post pay which is why i mentioned both.

I went into town today and shopped around a bit, it turned out 3 were the cheapest!

Thanks all!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Riordan123 wrote: »
    I went into town today and shopped around a bit, it turned out 3 were the cheapest!

Thanks all!!! :D

i use three in limerick for the last 6 months and no problem so far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

http://www.callcosts.ie/home/default.asp generally gives ya a good idea.

3 are the cheapest and have a good download cap in comparasion to vodafone... They seemed to have overhauled their speeds as well, must check it out. Do they offer you a trial period I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Ya i think 3 is your best bet , if you go into 3g, 3 or Carphonewarehouse you can get an 18 month modem for and it cost ya 20 euro a month , or the 12 month is 20 euro for the modem and 20 a month. They give a 15gb cap which is prob the best value for money IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 novinthesky

What happens if I stay in Ireland only for 9 months but I buy the 12-month internet key? How can I pay for the other 3 months or give it back before I leave?
    Plus, are the 15gb a monthly limit? What happens if I go over the limit?
    I know these are stupid questions, but I really don't know...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

What happens if I stay in Ireland only for 9 months but I buy the 12-month internet key? How can I pay for the other 3 months or give it back before I leave?
    Plus, are the 15gb a monthly limit? What happens if I go over the limit?
    I know these are stupid questions, but I really don't know...

If you exceed the limit there is a charge per extra MB or whatever, Im not too sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cullen5998

o2 works best in limerick. i had the 3 one for a year but it was very slow. go with o2!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 ninety6days

Birdie086 wrote: »
    i have o2 broadband perfectly fine, 25 euro a month. Just avoid the carphone warehouse. Had a problem with the stuff i bought there including the modem and the staff genuinly dont seem to have a clue what they are doing.

lies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Gotta back up Birdie here the Carphone warehouse staff are not great at all.. I always felt and its the reason I rarely go in that they barely have a clue except for whats on the brochure.

sioda wrote: »
    Gotta back up Birdie here the Carphone warehouse staff are not great at all.. I always felt and its the reason I rarely go in that they barely have a clue except for whats on the brochure.

not my experience.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

not my experience.

And how long have you been working for them?

And how long have you been working for them?

Wrong again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 smiley321

3 offer you a 14 day money back guarantee, so I guess that is your trial period. The data limit is high at 15gb per month and if you go over i believe it is 5c per mb. The NBS (National Broadband Scheme) is live in many parts of county Limerick

Advertisement