Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General... or more specific?

• 18-07-2009 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hey all.... i'm unsure of where to post this. I don't really need to consider courses yet, but i like to be prepared! I'm looking at doing a computer software related course, and it may not even be in Carlow. But I noticed everything in Carlow seems to be quite specific... as in Software Development, or Computer Games Development rather than something like Computer Science, which seems quite broad!

So basically, would I be better off doing a course in Computer Science if I don't have my heart set on anything too specific? I know its kinda my life and my choice but opinions appreciated! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Broad is good if you don't know what you want to do but i'd assume the lack of direction stems from a lack of knowledge. do more research on what you'd like to do. look into web design, programming, applications, all aspects you think you might be interested in and get a better look at what they entail. you'll have a much better idea what discipline to follow then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Also have this in mind "you don't want to be jack of all trades and master of nothing!"

Advertisement