Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insurance hike?

• 18-07-2009 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭

okay was in an accident other day and fact i hit in to him regardless of circumstances i know i liable. i am with axa i was wondering what kinda premium hike can i expect after this.
    damage to my car will result in new front bumper. new headlights, radiator slightly damaged however i noticed what looks lik small bit of dried coolant so will prob need replacing.
    Anyone have even rough estimates how much of a percentage hike i looking at because at moment i am expecting the worst ( prob 50% upwards?) but to be honest i have no clue as my first claim

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

No-one can tell you this exactly, you just have to ring the company when the renewal comes up and find out.

You can expect at least 30% and probably more though - as an example, a couple of years back some skanger bent the drivers door of our car trying to break into it. We were soon to renew insurance with Quinn, had a quote of €680 from them.

The door replacement was going to cost 1300 including labour, Quinn cancelled previous quote and now said they wanted 980, so that's 40%.

It worked out cheaper to move to Axa for a 550 premium and get the door fixed for 850 in a country garage, and keep our NCB etc.

Advertisement