Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What you want, What you are getting and what you got

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭BeciMester

Want: complete new rig, hopefully next month. Been reading for months and came to the same setup everyone on a budget seems to be ordering: Phenom II/UD4P/4GB/4890/650W. Expect some questions later on lads :D

Getting: nothing but headache, trying to spec something that'll do me for at least 2 years while staying within budget.

Got: aging laptop, and recently a netbook for the college course I'm hoping to start this year.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

kaimera wrote: »
    You'd need 2*30" but then you'll find that 2 isn't right and 3 is better (my housemate currently has that problem! wants another 30" to complement the other 2

I think your housemate has a problem. You need to cut him off, kick his addiction to huge monitors cold turkey style. I'll take care of them while he recovers. :D
    kaimera wrote: »
    the 128gb ssd is over kill for the min; a 60 is perfect for the OS drive in my gaming rig; thats the plan anyway; obviously I'd need more if it was a laptop but even then in a wee tablet netbook 80gb would be enough for me tbh

Would you not be sticking all your games on it as well? That's why I went with the 128GB drive. 60GBs would be cutting it a little close with the size of some games nowadays and I hate having to uninstall a game just to install one.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

New CPU,Fans and DVD drive are supposed to arrive today or tomorrow. But I'm in work all week till 7pm :(

Anyone else here ever remember "hey ma theres a package arriving for me today, try be here for it!"

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

What I want: OCZ Vertez SSDs 256GB x 2:
    30" LCD
    Core i7940
    Asus X58
    16GB Ram
    ATI Radeon 5870X2 (not out yet :D )
    What I'm getting: Nothing at the moment

What I have: Current specs are
    QX9650 + Gigabyte X48-DS4+ Samsung 128GB SSD+ ATI 4870X2+4GB Corsair Dominator + Dell 2407WFP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

what i really want is my first build to go right lol doing it on Wednesday praying it goes well i worked so hard to get all the stuff here,s praying i dont blow the dam thing up :):):)

• Advertisement

massy086 wrote: »
    what i really want is my first build to go right lol doing it on Wednesday praying it goes well i worked so hard to get all the stuff here,s praying i dont blow the dam thing up :):):)

You'll be better off if it doesn't work first time. It's like a curse. I got mine to work first boot, then the dvd drive failed on me -.-

Get the kinks out of it first go and you'll be better off in the long run ;)

Bampu! :mad:

;D

I'll have 90 delicious hours worth of pay rolling my way next week. And those bloody 58XX series cards probably wont be stocked for 2-3 weeks in anywhere with decent prices..

Thinking of getting a Corsair Hydro H50 in an attempt to get rid of some of the bulk in my case. I want to replace some of the bad fans in my case too. But I can't find anywhere that stock my lovely Kaze Maru 1900RPM fans anymore :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

Thinking of getting a Corsair Hydro H50 in an attempt to get rid of some of the bulk in my case. I want to replace some of the bad fans in my case too. But I can't find anywhere that stock my lovely Kaze Maru 1900RPM fans anymore :(
    Next best would be the Scythe Kaze Jyuni 1900RPM Slip Stream 120mm Fan.

I use them and they are delicious, and push 110 CFM :D

As for 58xx, Peats have them IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

What I want :

See What I'm getting

What I'm getting :

2x1TB Samsung F3's in RAID 0
    32Gb Corsair X32
    4GB Ram

What I have :

Check my sig :D

Grrr

Tell me how you got your 9550 to 4Ghz :mad:

Please :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Grrr

Tell me how you got your 9550 to 4Ghz :mad:

Please :o

It's not fully stable (motherboard likes to throw a hissy fit and not restart,but OC is fine :o)

I just bumped the NB voltage to 1.3,CPU voltage to 1.28 (My chip is a beast lol)manuslly set ram timings.

I also turned off Speedstep and C1E and set my multiplier to 8.5

And thats how I do 4GHz :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

What I got since initial post:

2*80gb x25m
    2*1.5tb F2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Hopefully in the post xmas sales I will be getting a gaming keyboard/mouse of some sort, and Im in desperate need of some decnt enough speakers (recommendations on some cheap speakers always welcome!).

Advertisement