Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone call

Options
  • 18-07-2009 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to share this. My Daughter phoned me tonight (3yrs old), She wanted to phone me. I spoke to her on the phone, she is so cute, I miss her so much being a seperated dad. And I have to say I am have some tears in my eyes at the moment. I really miss my lil girl.

Life can be cruel and kind at the same time. This lil phone call meant a lot to me.

No reply needed, I just miss my lil girl right now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

While it is very hard beinga seperated and non custodial parent, it's great the she wanted to talk to her Dad and her other parent made that happen for both yoursake and that of your daughter.

You daughter loves you and wanted to talk to you that is pretty big thing to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭jmbkay

You are loved by your daughter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Imagine the excited feeling in her little heart when she thought, "I want to ring my daddy." Keep that thought in your mind. It's awful that you can't pick her up and snuggle her anytime but to make the best of it, remember that she treasures you just as much as you treasure her.

All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

That's so nice... I know how special a 3 year old can make you feel.

I remember reading a book on parenting that had a chapter for separated parents. He made the point that many separated dads find that they go on to have more fulfilling relationships with their kids after being separated than before.

I can see how that might be. While I do my best to be a good dad, sometimes the home environment can be a little... eh... busy and stressful and you find yourself just getting annoyed etc.

So a wonderful relationship is possible, even more wonderful than might otherwise have been possible - so see the positives :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cvk

Well all I can say...I no excatly were ur coming from. I have the same phone calls..its heartbreaking. I'm lucky I see my 3 kids nearly everyday. But my 6 year old goes to bed wearing my top and calling for me.
    I have thought about this night after night, the only thing I can come up with which keeps me sane is this....your child wanting to ring you is really wonderful, from an 'adult' point of view its very sad because all of our feelings are with the child. but from the childs point of view he/she gets to ring her dad and talk to him which is just fantastic for the child. I no thoses phone calls they can be wonderful but also heartbreaking. Try to look for the positives ONLY...and there is many believe me.

Thanks for the post as sometimes I forget there is many other people going thro' similar emotions and issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Just wanted to say thanks to you guys for replying so well and with so much understanding. It is tough at times 'for me' when I'm not with my little one. But I feel happier after some v.positive points were made in the above posts.

The quality time that I spend with my daughter is special to me and more importantly to her as well. Much appreciation to you guys for making me see things in a more positive light.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I think it's fantastic that your daughter wanted to call you and also that the person with the child made the phone call and didn't put the child of the idea. It shows real maturity. Well done to all.

Advertisement