Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Paranormal Convention 2009

Options
  • 18-07-2009 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

ghost01-1.gif

Ok may as well start a thread even though we're still at the planning stage!

The 2nd Dublin Paranormal Convention will take place on Saturday the 7th November 2009 in Radisson SAS Royal Hotel, Dublin near St. Patrick's Cathedral.

We've moved the venue from Clontarf Castle to Radisson SAS Royal Hotel to have it more central. Thankfully the Radisson isn't just handy - its also a fantastic spot! (Feeding back on this move would be very welcome).

We'll be starting at about 11am and running a day of stands and talks finishing by 7.30pm. We had the main talks at the end last year and it went on pretty late so we've learnt from that.

Some great news is that as well as having returing speakers such as Steve Parsons, Richard Jones, Blather (Dave and Damien), Paul O'Connor (Remote Viewing), we'll be joined by Most Haunted's Ciaran O'Keeffe and Barry FitzGerald of Sci-Fi channel's Ghost Hunters International (GHI).

We're confirming groups for stands on the day as well as readers and mediums so bare with us while we sort out the details.

Tickets arent on sale yet but this year its a single ticket type for the whole day @ €15.

Questions? Ideas? Suggestions?

http://www.dublinparacon.com/

Cheers

6th

Will you be attending ParaCon 09? 39 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    74%
    [Deleted User]RiamfadaNevynmonkeyfudgeDiageio_ManZiycon6thfacemanSpiralsJuleskshielMLEBeatNikDubTirabarallaDANNY22XXLogansuey71jonbravosambuka41El Guapo! 29 votes
    Maybe
    25%
    GhostInTheRuinsheebusjeebuskoHdsteamjetjoeCHDNothingManPraetorian Saighdiuircyberwolf77Jako8Overblood 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

No
    You can follow the Convention on Facebook & Twitter ..... (we're so hip! lol)

index_26_15746568.jpg

index_25_3548079201.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

No
    im looking forward to my first paranormal convention :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

No
    Looking forward to it;)

Just remember to put on the tickets card subject to change,,,just incase you add another or loose one;)

No
    Ah we'll be covered, if we can do anything its cover our own asses! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Don't really know many of the names you listed 6th :P Bu I assume they are decent enough. Will there be any ufology \ cryptozoological \ fortean elements to the con?

Edit: Being the ludite I am I don't have facebook or twitter accounts so will keep an eye here for updates!

• Advertisement

No
    Yeah we will be trying to cover all aspects . UFO will be covered and we are working on the cryptozoology side which will co-inside with fortean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Yeah we will be trying to cover all aspects . UFO will be covered and we are working on the cryptozoology side which will co-inside with fortean.

Have you contacted FT themselves? They might be interested \ have suggestions. From reading the mag and browsing the website they seem like a decent bunch!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,602 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

No
    I'll be there and I will bring a gang too! :)

No
    Don't really know many of the names you listed 6th

I'll give a bit of info on each of them over the next while :)

Richard Jones:
    I'm not bigging this guy up because he did last year and is coming back, he's genuinely a very sound bloke, wicked sense of humor and really knows his stuff. Now theres no point in knowing your stuff if you cant put it across well and seeing as this guy has a ton of books to his name plus the fact that he gives unquestionably the best walking tours in the UK.

Here's some of his books and some of the stuff he's done:

Walking Haunted London
    Haunted Britain and Ireland
    Myths and Legends of Britain and Ireland
    Haunted Castles of Britain and Ireland
    Haunted Inns of Britain and Ireland
    Haunted London
    Haunted Houses of Britain and Ireland
    Mystical Britain and Ireland
    Uncovering Jack the Ripper's London
    Jack the Ripper: The Casebook
    History and Mystery in Edinburgh

TV appearances incluse
    Most Haunted 2003-2005
    Ghost Towns
    From Hell (Jack the Ripper movie) - DVD extras
    The History Channel
    The Discovery Channel

http://www.haunted-britain.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I need to go on one of those tours when I get back home...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Holopimp

No
    6th wrote: »

We've moved the venue from Clontarf Castle to Radisson SAS Royal Hotel to have it more central. Thankfully the Radisson isn't just handy - its also a fantastic spot! (Feeding back on this move would be very welcome).

We'll be starting at about 11am and running a day of stands and talks finishing by 7.30pm. We had the main talks at the end last year and it went on pretty late so we've learnt from that.

I think that is great plan, as I had to flee Clontarf Castle last year due to fear of missing the last bus. The Radisson may be less atmospheric, but it is a great location.

I am sure to come and I will be bringing a gang, including some mates from the UK. Really looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Holopimp

No
    I need to go on one of those tours when I get back home...

Do, do! I went on one a year or so back that he was doing and it was great fun and very interesting. I particularly liked the locations of Newgate prison and the Priory Church of Saint Bartholomew the Great near Smithfield Market, which both felt particularly eerie. I'd love to go on his Jack the Ripper walk one day too.

No
    Loads more news on this but the latest bit is that we'll be joined on the day by Colm Keane:
    Products%5C955%5C913%5C9780955913310_m_f.jpg
    Colm Keane is the author of 18 books with the 19th due out in October. It's called "Going Home" and deals with near death experiences, out of body journeys and death bed visions all from an Irish perspective. It's published by Capel Island. He's had two Number 1 best sellers and ten of his books have been in the top six in Ireland.

No
    Ciaran.jpg

Barry.jpg

No
    So much more news on this ... but I think I'll let some of the others post it! (get off yer asses lads!)

Poster-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Logan

No
    IPIC will be there... Cheers Mark

No
    Woohoo, less than 3 weeks to go!

Here some updates.

Time Table for talks:

12.00 Paul O'Connor Remote Viewing

13.00 Ciaran O'Keeffe & Steve Parsons How Not to Investigate the Paranormal Pt1

14.00 Tom Colton Mediumship

15.00 Sweeps Fox Ufology

16.00 Richard Jones TBA

17.00 Blather How to steal a dead body

18.00 Barry FitzGerald TBA

19.00 Ciaran O'Keeffe & Steve Parsons How Not to Investigate the Paranormal Pt2

No
    A bit more on some of our speakers too.

Barry Fitzgerald - http://www.syfy.com/ghi/
    A veteran ghost-hunter with 17 years of experience in paranormal investigating, is memorable to Ghost Hunters fans for his work on TAPS' investigations in Europe, during the show's third season. Now, as a member of the new GHI team, Barry supplies his expertise in both ghost-hunting as well as his knowledge of the historical locations of each new investigation.

Haunted by supernatural events he experienced as a child growing up in Ireland, Barry developed an interest in paranormal research and went on to work for two different paranormal groups based in Northern Ireland. He now dedicates much of his time to the development of new investigative techniques and research methods.

No
    Ciaran O'Keeffe: http://www.theparapsychologist.com
    Ciarán’s diverse background begins in the US, where, in 1994, he graduated with a Liberal Arts degree at Washington College, majoring in Music & Psychology. There he completed an honors thesis on paranormal experiences in conjunction with a representative from the Institute of Parapsychology (now Rhine Research Center).

Following several years of nursing experience, an occasional foray into spontaneous cases, and a brief stint in Spain, he returned to academia, in 1997, with an MSc. Investigative Psychology at Liverpool University. Whilst there, independent research encompassed the geo-spatial behaviour of serial killers, hypnotism and the legal system, mental maps of computer criminals, and various aspects of the psychology of fraud: self-perception and social identity; risk-taking and decision making; situational factors and probability bias. The Master’s dissertation examined the utility of psychic detectives and the style of their narratives.

In 2005, Ciarán was awarded a Doctorate entitled ‘Assessing the content of advice given by practitioners claiming paranormal ability,’ (focusing on psychics and mediums) at the University of Hertfordshire. The PhD was supervised by Professor Richard Wiseman and Professor Julia Buckroyd.

Professor Wiseman, the primary supervisor, provided advice on the assessment of claimants; Professor Buckroyd offered input on how such interactions relate to the dyadic interaction of counselling scenarios.

During his time at University of Hertfordshire, Ciarán was fortunate enough to be involved in several Perrott-Warrick Research Unit projects (e.g. ‘ghost’ projects at Hampton Court and Edinburgh Vaults), also taking time off for other spontaneous cases and unusual assignments (including a dream project, and exorcism research), and returning to the Rhine Research Center for their Summer Study Program in 2000.

From 1999 to 2006, he was employed as a psychology lecturer at Liverpool Hope University, assisting with both criminal psychology and parapsychology teaching.

He currently holds a Research Associate position at Université de Toulouse. In addition Ciarán can be seen appearing on paranormal TV shows such as Living TV’s Most Haunted and Jane Goldman Investigates where he provides a sceptical voice and regularly battles with all manner of mediumistic communication.

Btw he has a wicked sense of humor too!

No
    Paul O'Connor was hughly popular last year and I had people emailing about him for months after ... thing is I missed his talk so one of the other guys can fill this in! I can say he's a seriously nice guy though and really knows his stuff.

• Advertisement

No
    Tom Colton will be giving a talk and demostration of mediumship. http://www.tomcolton.com/
    As a child Tom Colton communicated and interacted with spirit. It was not until Tom’s uncle Richard died in 2001 that he started reconnecting with spirit as an adult. During the past 8 years he has completed many courses on spirituality including, become a Reiki Master, completing the NFSH workshops and advanced his mediumship studying at the world renowned Arthur Findlay College in Stanstead London, the world foremost college for the advancement of spiritualism and psychic sciences. The college has world renowned tutors like Tony Stockwell, Glyn Edwards, Mavis Pittilla and Val William to name a few.

Tom is also President of the Spiritualist Union of Ireland. (Of which I've very pround to be a member of).

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Jessica xxx

ghost01-1.gif

Ok may as well start a thread even though we're still at the planning stage!

The 2nd Dublin Paranormal Convention will take place on Saturday the 7th November 2009 in Radisson SAS Royal Hotel, Dublin near St. Patrick's Cathedral.

Some great news is that as well as having returing speakers such as Steve Parsons, Richard Jones, Blather (Dave and Damien), Paul O'Connor (Remote Viewing), we'll be joined by Most Haunted's Ciaran O'Keeffe and Barry FitzGerald of Sci-Fi channel's Ghost Hunters International (GHI).

We're confirming groups for stands on the day as well as readers and mediums so bare with us while we sort out the details.

Tickets arent on sale yet but this year its a single ticket type for the whole day @ €15.

Questions? Ideas? Suggestions?

http://www.dublinparacon.com/

Cheers

6th
    Hey,

When are the tickets going on sale??

No
    Tickets are already on sale: http://www.dublinparacon.com/tickets.html

No
    Just watched a clip of Richard Jones on youtube:

He'll be talking about Jack the Ripper and the Paranormal. I've just ordered his book "Jack the Ripper: The Casebook" and it looks amazing! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jack-Ripper-Casebook-Richard-Jones/dp/023300257X

Tickets are already on sale: http://www.dublinparacon.com/tickets.html

Thanks, getting mine tomorrow. :D

No
    Thanks, getting mine tomorrow. :D

I know. I'm the guy on the otehr end of the email :D

No
    Ok some awesome news in my next post!

No
    - Exclusive Paranormal Investigation -

The PIGs are hosting an Investigation on the night of the convention with some very Special Guests! Steve Parson, Dr. Ciaran O'Keeffe, Richard Jones and Barry Fitzgerald will join us on an investigation in Wicklow Gaol.

A coach will leave from ParaCon and take 25 people to the Gaol where we will carry out an investigation of what is known as one of Ireland's most haunted sites.

Tickets for this are €90 for anyone attending the convention or €100 for those not attending. This includes the coach which will drop everyone back to the Radisson and refreshments. As places are very limited we must take payment in advance.

Anyone interested should drop me an email as soon as possible as I think we're down to 12 spaces already!

*People must be 18 to attend this event.

I know. I'm the guy on the otehr end of the email :D
    Yeah, funny funny haw haw !! I only just realized that now!! haha im not long on boards and dont know everyones real names yet hehe :)

• Advertisement

- Exclusive Paranormal Investigation -

The PIGs are hosting an Investigation on the night of the convention with some very Special Guests! Steve Parson, Dr. Ciaran O'Keeffe, Richard Jones and Barry Fitzgerald will join us on an investigation in Wicklow Gaol.

A coach will leave from ParaCon and take 25 people to the Gaol where we will carry out an investigation of what is known as one of Ireland's most haunted sites.

Tickets for this are €90 for anyone attending the convention or €100 for those not attending. This includes the coach which will drop everyone back to the Radisson and refreshments. As places are very limited we must take payment in advance.

Anyone interested should drop me an email as soon as possible as I think we're down to 12 spaces already!

*People must be 18 to attend this event.
    Hmmmm, that would be good.

Advertisement