Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Unlocking in town

• 18-07-2009 1:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey, I want to get my Nokia E51 phone unlocked from the o2 network....

Where is the best place to get it done in town, and how much?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

Shauna09 wrote: »
    Hey, I want to get my Nokia E51 phone unlocked from the o2 network....

Where is the best place to get it done in town, and how much?

i think funk it unlock phones , have you called o2 and ask them for the unlock code , if you have the phone a certain amount of time with them or have spent x amount of credit in the last while they will unlock it for you , tell them you are going away for a month or two and want to use your phone while you are away.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Funk It and the other mobile store across from Sam Mcauleys. But try o2 first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Shauna09

o2 wont do it ... tried the place across from sam mcauleys-35 euro!! Anyone know how much it is anywhere else??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

There is a guy on Boards.ie who does it, a lot of people seem to use him.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=158509

Also;
    # GSM Solutions (www.gsmsolutionsltd.com / www.****.ie) - recommended by Sam Vimes
    # FM Mobiles (http://www.fmmobiles.ie) - recommended by Stella89

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

o2 wont do it ... tried the place across from sam mcauleys-35 euro!! Anyone know how much it is anywhere else??

what did o2 say , in fairness it is your phone and you did pay for it ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

daftdave wrote: »
    what did o2 say , in fairness it is your phone and you did pay for it ,

I'd imagine that it's because the shop is actually Hewden Communications and not O2 that they can't do it. Although i'd stand corrected if they can and won't.

He won't do it up in the nokia service centre either so i'd say your stuck with gsm op. Be very careful it doesn't void your warranty OP, IIRC some phones have to be opened up and fiddled with to be unlocked and it would be easily known

Networks won't unlock it unless you spend X money in their network since getting the phone. They have to get the codes or whatever from the manufacuter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Wella

Your being ripped off. I got my phone unlocked there for 20e in february.

Wella wrote: »
    Your being ripped off. I got my phone unlocked there for 20e in february.

Prices will vary depending on phone and model. Some have more work then others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

try http://unlock.nokiafree.org/

you need your imei number by typing *#06# with the sim card out of the phone. You then need to select the code for the phone you have (phone models are at the top of the page in blue, just click on your model and enter the details. If you can't find the model no just open the back of the phone and it should be near the battery. If you put in the wrong code 3 times the phone is locked an a pro will have to do it. The codes start with #**pw as far as I can remember but you have to keep pushing the * key to get the p and the w - 3 for p and 4 for w as far as I remember, it worked on my friends phone yesterday - she wanted away from vodafone because she heading to South Africa. If it doesn't work I accept no responsiblity lol

• Advertisement

Most new Nokias require hardware unlocking rather then unlock code based btw.

Advertisement