Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

spinning for trout

• 18-07-2009 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

i do a good bit of spinning for trout and have been told that i should always cast against the current and reel as it comes down stream. I have cast into the currnet and reeled in against the current and still have caught fish what is the sense in that rule then lol

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

No rule: but just this practical consideration. if your lure does not happen to be a very accurate representation of a small fish, the less they see of it the less they see through the illusion. Now if you cast upstream and reel back, you reel it in faster (to keep it working) than if you cast downstream and as it faces the flow the current makes it work, and you reel in slowly.

Advertisement