Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nostril piercing

• 18-07-2009 1:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, thinking of getting a nostril piercing in a while and just have a few questions. Now I'm not asking about aftercare, thats not a problem. Just wondering what it's like to sneeze, blow your nose and does it get irritated during the winter because usually your nose is freezing. Also, a bit yucky but do snots get stuck on the inside? All replies appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Picking your nose can be a problem (if you're a picker that is :$), as can blowing your nose. Sneezing, not really. Didn't have any problems during winter. And yes, snots do get stuck if you have a "stud" (not the proper name, but basically a ball with a coiled stem). Not sure about a ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

when i got mine done i literally developed a cold the day after.

it wasn't pretty.

it didn't really affect the piercing itself as i did loads and loads of salt soaks (can't recommend these enough!!!!) but it was just messy.

and the worst part was when i blew my nose and pulled the tissue away so fast that it caught on the stud :eek::eek::eek:

and yes the snots get stuck, you just need to make sure you keep the inside clean as well as the outside!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

TBH, It doesn't cause me any probs at all. I take it out every night to clean it. I'm really glad I got it done...hurt like a bitch though!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Actually, yeah, come to think of it, it was the second most painful piercing I've gotten - the first being the rook. Much more painful than septum, tragus, daith etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ExcellentChoice

blowing your nose can be a proper pain in the backside , especilly right after its done and whipeing your nose can hurt

• Advertisement
Advertisement