Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL camper dish - what can i get?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

13E or 19E maybe. Not much use for 28.2E

35cm is really too small. Even for 13E you want maybe 43cm.

Better to get a bigger dish
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60951353&postcount=39

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

i really wouldnt bother. Get a decent fta receiver and if size is important a 45 cm dish (Should be ok in decent weather for 28 east in holland), but a 55-60cm would be adaquate in most types of weather for all the main satellites (13, 19, 28 east)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

im moving to Amsterdam
    (Green with envy)

If you forget Lidl, wait until youre in Amsterdam and go to Media Markt (sp?) they should have hundreds of dishes -all shapes and sizes (at least the Berlin one does so I presume Amsterdam is the same)

I really wish we had places like that here :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

People here have mostly (75%?) got Sky or UPC, so no market :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

watty wrote: »
    People here have mostly (75%?) got Sky or UPC, so no market :(

Only because people here are not educated or aware of whats out there FTA etc. 75% of people think the only way to get certain UK channels & Irish channels in digital is by paying sky/UPC for a package!!

Thats why the future of payDTT or even FTA DTT is doomed here. Its far to late to be launched now that everyone is paying sky 21€ a month for RTE in digital!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Im in Kildare and could pick up pretty much all 28.2 with that setup. 19.2 is also reasonable but forget about hotbird 13.0e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

now that everyone is paying sky 21€ a month for RTE in digital!

Surely a bit of an exxaguration. Lots of people have niether $ky or UPC they either have analouge only or have freesat/freeview for UK channels and watch RTE in analouge (complete with half@r$€d letterboxing that doesnt look right in either 4:3 and 16:9)

Advertisement