Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Sony Ericsson K500i

• 18-07-2009 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

So my K500i died last week- there I was trying to send a text and it just went. Have fiddled with battery, sim, memory card etc, have charged it- there's no reviving it. Am going back to the Carphone Warehouse tomorrow (where I bought it bout year & half ago) to see if they can do anything.

Just wondering if anyone knows what might be wrong with phone/ what the CPW people should do etc... I didn't think 18 months was the average life span of a phone... I most interested in getting all the stuff I saved off the phone. Is it just a battery problem? and if so, anyone know how much a new battery would be (can't seem to find out online)?

Anyway, advice/ help/ comments appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

if you install myphoneexplorer on your pc, and use the usb cable to try and get the data off the phone.
    i was able to get everythin off my gfs SEk750i no problem even though the screen was broken was able to
    put data back onto a new K750i after.
    the memory card was broken though,i couldnt get anything off it.
    most new sony ericssons have a 2 year warranty so cpw will repair the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭rhapsody

Hi thanks for your suggestion,
    I just tried plugging it in to my computer to run with the PC suite thing it came with but it didn't recognise the phone i.e. said nothing was plugged in :( Phone keeps lighting up for a sec & then dying, so its trying to switch on! Thats what makes me think its a battery problem.
    Where does it say about the two year thing? Is that the usual with mobile phones or is it just the way C/P W/house do it?

ah just read what you said about sony ericsson warranty- how do you know that though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Ok the K500 has only a one year warranty
    http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/download/1/835/2/1192957031/LimitedWarranty_R1c_EN.pdf
    So if you sent it away, it will cost you to get it fixed, and the repair shop could possibly wipe any data that exists on the phone.

Whats the model of the battery? maybe you could try someone elses battery in your phone.

It doesnt sound like a battery problem to me.

So I went into the shop where I bought the phone yesterday (twas actually 02 shop- C/P Warehouse is right beside it- hence my confusion) and they said the same, its not a battery thing. The guy thought it was a sofware problem. Has sent it away to get fixed, and have everything wiped :(

He said it should be free, and then when he gave me the contract thing to sign it said it might be €60. V. strange. They're gonna ring before they do anything in the €60 bracket. Currently hoping, hoping....

*Must learn not to keep much info on my phone*

• Advertisement
Advertisement