Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking near bus station?

• 18-07-2009 10:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭

Hi all, help a "tourist" out here please?

I have to drive to Waterford next week, meet someone off a bus and give her the key to my car, then hop on another bus myself a few minutes later, so I need to find parking somewhere near the bus station, give her the exit docket and directions to where the car is parked. Does anywhere fit the bill? Is there a hotel/shopping centre nearby, or a public carpark that's likely not to be full between 5 and 6pm on a Tuesday? She'll have a heavy bag, so I'm trying to save her having to haul it too far...

The City Council website only lists three carparks:
    • Bolton Street
    • Millar's Marsh (Johnstown)
    • Jenkins' Lane
    Jenkins' Lane is obviously the nearest of those to the bus station, but does it tend to get full?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The Bus station is surrounded on 3 sides by car parks, All should have plenty of available spaces at that hour of the evening. There is also pay and display parking on a few of the nearby streets all within 2 mins walk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vixenbees

yeah there might be some pay street parking available on o'connell street, that would be very close. leave early and have a spin around, you'll find something beside the station no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Great, that's a relief - thanks! :)

Advertisement