Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting used telegraph poles

Options
  • 18-07-2009 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Does anyone know a source of eircom poles? I used to get them off Clarkes who were the contractors for eircom, but now a company called KNN do the work and send all old poles to a Dublin depot and are a bit less interested in selling them on it seems. I'm in Meath and would need them delivered.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Does anyone know a source of eircom poles? I used to get them off Clarkes who were the contractors for eircom, but now a company called KNN do the work and send all old poles to a Dublin depot and are a bit less interested in selling them on it seems. I'm in Meath and would need them delivered.
    There are H and S issues with the older ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ballivor cobber

What are the health and safety issues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

I'm guessing Creosote??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Eurorunner wrote: »
    I'm guessing Creosote??

Yes in the older poles and they are no longer available, in theory, for sale to joe public

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

Eurorunner wrote: »
    I'm guessing Creosote??

Exactly! or the tar that they paint on the poles to reserve them. They contain many carcinogenic organic compounds that are banned by the EPA. It is also difficult to get hold of old railway sleepers for the same reason.

• Advertisement
Advertisement