Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

getting used telegraph poles

• 18-07-2009 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Does anyone know a source of eircom poles? I used to get them off Clarkes who were the contractors for eircom, but now a company called KNN do the work and send all old poles to a Dublin depot and are a bit less interested in selling them on it seems. I'm in Meath and would need them delivered

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

You could try getting old poles off the ESB. they are greased so they don't rot. I made strainers out of them for fencing and the have been down for 12 years and they are still like new

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

If the ESB are doing work in your area approach them and ask them if they'd give them to you. That's what we did and the guys had no problem with it. Though I suppose it depends on the individuals in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭kfk

There are about 10 esb poles lying on the side of a road near me. All new, never used. They are there over a year now! What a waste. I'm surprised that nobody has nicked them yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭adne

kfk wrote: »
    There are about 10 esb poles lying on the side of a road near me. All new, never used. They are there over a year now! What a waste. I'm surprised that nobody has nicked them yet!

Ammm a small matter called transporting without been noticed might have detered people :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭kfk

adne wrote: »
    Ammm a small matter called transporting without been noticed might have detered people :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Its happened close by twice before where esb/eircom poles have been taken and they were only left overnight! I think most people here knew who the culprit was but kept it quiet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

adne wrote: »

If they happened to be near someone's house, and on a quiet country road, and there happened to be a front end loader or jcb handy, then it's not a tough job.

That said, there've been telegraph poles on our road for months and they've not been moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭drawnacrol

We have ESB poles running all over are farm cause were right beside dublin so we just tell the head man to leave them behind, great for hanging gates

Advertisement