Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horse wormers

Options
  • 18-07-2009 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭

recently i've been looking up horse wormers for my dearest latest dose. Generally i would always use equimax because i find it the best however i've found that alot of people suggest rotating your wormer, i.e use equimax, then strongid, equest etc in alternative months.

is this a better idea and was i doing it wrong giving the same wormer the whole time?

do you change wormers every few months?

Comments

You should switch brands so you are not using the same active component back to back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Chindato

rotate annually.
    What you need to be rotating is the active ingredient - ie ivermectin, moxidectin, praziquantal.
    And whatever dose you're using, remember that you must also dose in spring and autumn for tapeworm - your usual dose might not be sufficient for that, so check the pack.

Advertisement