Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund on Aer Lingus Flight

Options
  • 18-07-2009 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Hi I was due to go away beginning of August but can't now.

If I cancel what will I get refunded. Is it the cost of the flight or the taxes and charges?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Only the taxes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

dublad23 wrote: »
    Hi I was due to go away beginning of August but can't now.

If I cancel what will I get refunded. Is it the cost of the flight or the taxes and charges?

Thanks

Depending on your ticket type, you'll most likely get refunded the taxes, minus an administration fee (which, at times, can be more than the cost of the taxes).

Check your travel insurance policy to see if the reason you can't go falls under their conditions, you might be able to claim the cost of the trip paid back from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

And airport charges, you didn't travel therefore the airline didn't have to pay them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

u might be better 2 try and sell he ticket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

u might be better 2 try and sell he ticket
    If you sell the ticket, you'd need to change the name on the ticket to that of the person you sell the ticket to. You'd be subsequently stung with a €100 "change of name" charge (and if it's a return ticket, you're charged €100 on the outgoing journey and another €100 on the return journey).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Enigma'

Unless your travelling on a Business or Flexifare ticket, you cannot claim a refund for the fare. Baggage, seat selection and credit/debit card fees are also non-refundable.

You can however claim back the taxes. There is a €20 administration fee to do this online, but by going to the ticket desk at the airport you can often avoid this fee. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭B1977

Offer your ticket for sale at a reduced price and let who ever purchases it pay for the name change,thats only if its an expensive ticket or see if you can change dates

Advertisement