Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops that sell "Not for Individual resale" soft drinks

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

jayteecork wrote: »
    I've been noticing this a lot lately, and not in corner shops.

Super Valu and Dunnes are selling Coke and Lucozade claerly marked "not for individual resale"

No big deal maybe, but it's insulting to the customers offering us cans with that label on it, clearly from discounted multipacks but selling to us at standard single prices.

Just needed to get that off my chest, thanks!

roughly how many cans were on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

But how come Coca Cola don't see the light themselves? Suddenly the shops order for multipacks has sprung up & for single cans gone down?

I would give Coca Cola an email, its not fair that the shops are cheating like this! Those cans are reduced for us to make a saving when we buy bulk & NOT the supermarket! Definitely give CC a call or email. They will love you for it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

While i dont do it as general practise if a multi pack is broken open i sell it off but i reduce it so that nobody gets offended.

If its your local Dunnes then ring into head office. the manager might be doing it just to keep his wastage under check. I know that when on special the average retail price for a tray of Coke is €10.99.

The manager is making about 60c a can which he is stupidly doing so because he must have a wastage issue somewhere else he is compentsating for. and if he stocks up on a couple of pallets of the stuff he might be having a date issue since they might have been around since xmas.

Head office doesnt know he is doing it full time because they would not sanction it. What ever about one or two tray that burst open but constantly.

He not trying to rip you off but cover his own back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

padocon wrote: »
    But how come Coca Cola don't see the light themselves? Suddenly the shops order for multipacks has sprung up & for single cans gone down?

I would give Coca Cola an email, its not fair that the shops are cheating like this! Those cans are reduced for us to make a saving when we buy bulk & NOT the supermarket! Definitely give CC a call or email. They will love you for it! :)

But I'm sure that you can still buy the cans in the 6 pack at a reduced price.

By putting "not for individual resale" on the cans coke are trying to force the retailer into buying the more expensive stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Theres a guy in a well known market in Cork City selling Lidl bottles of water separately ............

You cannot buy these separate in Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

There's a shop near me that occasionally has stock that says not for individual resale, It's from when a multipack splits open or some idiot open one. The sell them in a basket clearly marked and at a reduced rate. I have no problem with this once I know what I'm buying.
    I do however have a problem with it when my local super valu sells the crisps from multipacks at same price as ordinary packs even though there smaller, they do this with other stock too. I have complained many times about this and no longer go in there, as they don't seem to care.

amcalester wrote: »
    But I'm sure that you can still buy the cans in the 6 pack at a reduced price.

By putting "not for individual resale" on the cans coke are trying to force the retailer into buying the more expensive stock.

You can still buy them. My point is not about that. Its about the shops. They should not be selling them separately.
    "By putting "not for individual resale" on the cans coke are trying to force the retailer into buying the more expensive stock"
    Of course. So they can sell the individual cans at a higher price per can.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Just as matter of interest how much for a tray of 24 cans from the cash and carry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ecom

at the end of the day a retailer can sell a can of coke for whatever price they choose, whether the can has "not for individual sale" emblazoned all over it or whether it has a sterling label of 29p written on it.

There is no 'law' that says it cant be done. The coke is the same coke more than likely, particularly if it is manufactured (or mixed) in Ireland.

If you dont like it then dont buy it. Go to Spar and pay an extra 20c for it if you like. I dont consider this a consumer issue as there is freedom of choice as to where you buy a can of coke.

did the OP ask Dunnes and SV how much they paid wholesale for the said can of coke? Was it cheaper than what they normally pay wholesale for a can of coke? The likelihood is that it was slightly cheaper, but have you proved that?

Besides, if you actually shop around you can pick up a can of coke for 60c. And in some shops, 3 for €1.50. I'm not talking about the supermarkets and centras and Spars etc.

The point of my post is shop around. You will get it cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

mymo wrote: »
    I do however have a problem with it when my local super valu sells the crisps from multipacks at same price as ordinary packs even though there smaller
    I would have no problem with this, except that with crisps they seem to have less stringent tolerances on the weights. I think they process pack them quicker and have wider variations, so 1 pack might be 20g and the next 30g, while they all average 25g. I have no problem with this "same price as normal", are the normal crisps alongside them? if so buy them, if not then how do you know what is the "normal price".
    wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Just as matter of interest how much for a tray of 24 cans from the cash and carry?
    In musgraves it is usually more than in a supermarket.
    ecom wrote: »
    The point of my post is shop around. You will get it cheaper.
    Yes, and if working on the same margins often the shop selling the multipacks will be cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

It can be justified if some kid or idiot opens up the contents of a multipac. As they cannot be sold due to tampering the contents could be sold off individually on the reduced price counter. If it was sold off at normal retail price I would object.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If it was sold off at normal retail price I would object.
    But what is that price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

[QUOTEClear stock ate, they are not in to makeing money, just clearing stock an there is nothing wrong with it. Tesco are renouned for it.

rubadub wrote: »
    But what is that price?

Well I thought they were sold at price per single can.
    No? Yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

why would anyone care what was printed on a coke can that
    someone else was drinking from??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I don't know why there is a discussion on this - if anyone wants to object to the not for resale individual cans then simply don't buy them. No need to take the high moral ground on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

On another note relating to this topic, was in a music store in Liffey Valley on saturday and they were selling dvds that had been took out of a partswork magazine collection. So its not just minerals. Oh and to add the dvds did have 'not for individual resale' printed on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

magconn wrote: »
    have seen this happen in a pub with bottled beer ! point out to publican and he blamed cash and carry ! tasted great tho!!

best quote ever nearly wet myself

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭daveyid89

jayteecork wrote: »
    I've been noticing this a lot lately, and not in corner shops.

Super Valu and Dunnes are selling Coke and Lucozade claerly marked "not for individual resale"

No big deal maybe, but it's insulting to the customers offering us cans with that label on it, clearly from discounted multipacks but selling to us at standard single prices.

Just needed to get that off my chest, thanks!

i love seeing this in shops.... its so funny......:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement