Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grid Tie Inverter

Options
  • 18-07-2009 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I was wondering has anyone out there built a grid-tie inverter, of any power/size?

I've done a bit of googling and have some ideas in my head, was wondering if anyone has actually done it... And what the standard approaches/topologies are?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

I can see what you mean, very hard to find on Google. Closet I could get was

http://www.gogetpapers.com/Papers/Grid_tie_inverter

Maybe email a Solar panel business and ask them for details (if they would be willing). Happy trails

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

A company called Xantrex should have what you need. Don't know who distributes them in Ireland though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Cheeble

There are lots around. Is there a reason why you want one built? Is it that you can't buy exactly what you want? What's the application? What spec.?

Cheeble-eers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Hi,

Thanks for the replies...

i come from a power electronics background (although mainly write software now), so was more just looking for information out of interest...

If i got some info i might try simulate it and see it working... I have a design in my own head too which i would like to try also....

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭pauln

Hi,
    I was looking into something similar lately. One of the best starting points I found was this thread over on the electro tech forums http://www.electro-tech-online.com/alternative-energy/86777-grid-tie-inverter-schematic.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Ball_of_Sex

SMA inverters are excellent. They also have a top notch tech support line from germany(free).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

grid tie inverters are so fooking expensive i wonder would it be worth the trouble of building your own. It all smells like a conspiracy to keep it economically unviable

Advertisement