Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting regrets

Options
  • 18-07-2009 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi all i just moved into a housing where im sharing with a couple and another guy,The house is lovely and immaculate and my room is perfect,but im just after realizing living with a couple is not for me,like the two of them are sound but i feel awkward in the sitting room when there is only 3 of us and when they have guests which is quite frequent i usually have to spent time in my room which im not to happy about,The other guy i haven't met yet, he seems just to stay in his girlfriends house all the time,Thing is my friends have a spare room to rent and the rent is e20 cheaper a week than im paying now plus they have broadband and Sky Digital ,What should i do ,what can i tell them without pissing them off,Im only after moving in a week ago and i signed no contacts just paid a deposit and a months rent.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

If you're not happy, move out. It's as simple as that. Since you're not comfortable there in the first place and feel you have to more or less hide in your room, what have you to lose? Well, you might lose some rent/deposit but feck that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

No contracts. No problem.

Assuming no one else is the owner then give a months(28 days) notice and get gone.
    You would then be entitled to your deposit back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

nothing is worth living like that, i'd definetly move. just be honest with them, there's nothing to worry about. it didn't work out, happens all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Agree with the oher responses. Be honest with them give notice and get gone before someone else takes the other place. No harm done and happens all the time.

Advertisement