Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mafia 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

This is one I'm looking forward to, hope its as good as the first

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Was disappointed when it got delayed, but I bet it will be enjoyable all the same.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-mafia-ii/52913

Great video. Looks fuppin brilliant.

This smells of being another shoddy port, the requirements are out and say they recommend 2.4Ghz quad

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/mafia-ii-mafia-2-mafia-system-requirements-recommended,10836.html
    MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP (SP2 or later) / Windows Vista / Windows 7
    Processor: Pentium D 3Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ (Dual core) or higher
    RAM: 1.5 GB
    Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8600 / ATI HD2600 Pro or better
    Hard Disc Space: 8 GB
    Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
    Peripherals: Keyboard and mouse or Windows compatible gamepad

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP (SP2 or later) / Windows Vista / Windows 7
    Processor: 2.4 GHz Quad Core processor
    RAM: 2 GB
    Video Card: nVidia GeForce 9800 GTX / ATI Radeon HD 3870 or better
    Hard Disc: 10 GB
    Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compliant card
    Peripherals: Keyboard and mouse or Windows compatible gamepad

PHSYX/APEX ENHANCEMENTS SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP (SP2 or later) / Windows Vista / Windows 7 Minimum Processor: 2.4 GHz Quad Core processor
    Recommended Processor: 2.66 GHz Core i7-920 RAM: 2 GB

Video Cards and resolution: APEX medium settings
    Minimum: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 (or better) for Graphics and a dedicated NVIDIA 9800GTX (or better) for PhysX
    Recommended: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 (or better)

Video Cards and resolution: APEX High settings
    Minimum: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 (or better) and a dedicated NVIDIA 9800GTX (or better) for PhysX
    Recommended: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 for Graphics and a dedicated NVIDIA GTX 285 (or better) for PhysX NVIDIA GPU driver: 197.13 or later.
    NVIDIA PhysX driver: 10.04.02_9.10.0522. Included and automatically installed with the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is this similiar to gta?the specs are fairly hight alright.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The first game was epic, one of my all time favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Given the difference between Minimum and Recommended I'd say it's simply a case of the latter being what's needed for the highest settings at high resolutions.

I find the PhysX/APEX requirements more amusing personally, especially on the GPU front. I know it's being pushed as an nVidia showcase but come on! :D
    Recommended: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 for Graphics and a dedicated NVIDIA GTX 285 (or better) for PhysX NVIDIA GPU driver: 197.13 or later.

gizmo wrote: »
    Given the difference between Minimum and Recommended I'd say it's simply a case of the latter being what's needed for the highest settings at high resolutions.

I find the PhysX/APEX requirements more amusing personally, especially on the GPU front. I know it's being pushed as an nVidia showcase but come on! :D

Recommended usually means "You definitely do need this to run the game at any detail"

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Recommended usually means "You definitely do need this to run the game at any detail"

Pretty sure that's what Minimum are for, why else would they quote specs unless they were required?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Will def be picking this up for the PS3. Loved playing Mafia on the PC but no way will my rig be able to do this justice. I just hope they keep some of that Mafia magic for this game (Excellent missions, characters, soundtrack, story, etc.)

• Advertisement

gizmo wrote: »
    Pretty sure that's what Minimum are for, why else would they quote specs unless they were required?

So You'd buy the game. Most games barely run on the mimimum specs, usually;
    Minimum = 800x600 no detail, can run, but just about
    Recommended = 1280x1024 some detail, copes ok

In the real world most people play in higher resolutions than these

Edit, very similar to the GTA4 system requirements, we know what a pig that is
    http://technodorm.com/2008/12/30/gta-4-system-requirements/

Perhaps, as I said though in this case, given the disparity between the two, it's far more likely that Recommended means running at higher levels of detail.

Again, look at the PhysX/APEX base CPU and medium graphics setting specs - i7 920 and GTX 470. They're hardly going to be used for 1280x1024 et al :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

This game was in production for about 3 years and kept on getting delayed. Cant wait for it now.

Advertisement