If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The whole lot

Options
  • 18-07-2009 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

John,
    A friend of mine has moved into a new house, has no entertainment equipment at all and I have been asked help him out.
    His budget is €1200 - €1500.
    What he is looking for.
    LCD tv: 40" - 50"
    Amp, sub, speakers,
    Blueray dvd player
    TV stand
    All cables but don't know how much yet

I am also in the market for a new TV looking for 40"-50" my budget is max €800.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

My 2 bits.....

Panasonic-42PG10

Onkyo amp

Jamo A102

PS3

Bit of change left for something nice.....

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

tap28 wrote: »
    John,
    A friend of mine has moved into a new house, has no entertainment equipment at all and I have been asked help him out.
    His budget is €1200 - €1500.
    What he is looking for.
    LCD tv: 40" - 50"
    Amp, sub, speakers,
    Blueray dvd player
    TV stand
    All cables but don't know how much yet

I am also in the market for a new TV looking for 40"-50" my budget is max €800.

Hi Tap,

Thanks for the post & Apologies for taking so long to get back to you!

Here are a few suggestions:

1. Philips Full HD LCD TV / Onkyo Receiver & 5.1 Pack/Philips Blu-ray/LG TVS Rack

Made up with:

Philips 42PFL5604H 42" Full HD LCD + Onkyo HTS5205 (It's an Onkyo TXSR307 & a matched 5.1 speaker package) Philips BDP3000 Blu ray DVD / LG ST42 Glass Rack - €1399 for the whole lot...

2. 42" LG 600HZ Plasma/Onkyo Receiver & 5.1 Pack/LG Blu-ray/LG TVS Rack

Made up with:

LG 42PQ3000 42" Plasma + Onkyo HTS5205 (It's an Onkyo TXSR307 & a matched 5.1 speaker package) LG BD370 Blu ray DVD / LG ST42 Glass Rack - €1349 for the whole lot...

3. 47" Philips LCD / Onkyo Receiver & 5.1 pack/Philips Blu-Ray/ LG rack

Made up with:

Philips 47PFL5604H 47" Full HD LCD complete with MPEG4 tuner + Onkyo HTS5205 + Philips BDP3000 Blu-ray + LG ST42 Glass Rack - €1599 for the lot...

4. 50" LG 600Hz Plasma / Onkyo Receiver & 5.1 Pack/LG Blu-ray/LG TVS Rack

Made up with:

LG 50PQ3000 50" Plasma + Onkyo HTS5205 (It's an Onkyo TXSR307 & a matched 5.1 speaker package) LG BD370 Blu ray DVD / LG ST42 Glass Rack - €1499 for the lot...

5. Samsung 40" 6 Series LCD / Onkyo Receiver & 5.1 Pack/LG Blu-ray/LG TVS Rack

Made up with:

Samsung LE40B650 40" LCD + Onkyo HTS5205 (It's an Onkyo TXSR307 & a matched 5.1 speaker package) Samsung Blu ray DVD / LG ST42 Glass Rack - €1649 for the lot...

If you wanted to swap the Onkyo 5.1 speaker pack for a dedicated 5.1 pack from an established speaker manufacturer you could add the Tannoy SFX 5.1 speaker pack in black for just an additional €29 or the excellent Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 kit for an additional €199 see details on both of these here:
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/vector
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/tannoy/sfx5.1/tann-sfx5.1-blk

On your own TV mmmm... €800 is a decent budget - you could go supersize and I could just about squeeze you an LG 50 PQ3000 600HZ Plasma for just under €800 - or you could get the Sammy B650 Full HD with a smaller 40" screen at just just over the budget - €899 or finally you could go the Full HD 42" route and grab a 42PFL5604H MPEG4 at just €799!

I hope some of these interest you and of course we have many other option available - If I can assist in any way please just drop me a line and I'll do my best to assist,

Thanks again for the post!

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭tap28

John,

Will talk to Pat tomorrow and see what he wants to do.

With regards to me.
    I came accross this http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=450659 and this http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=450660.
    Will you price match?

I also might be interested in a new reciever, if I can get it at the right money, it can open box.
    DTS-HD MA, True HD decoding.
    1080p 24hz HDMI 1.3 with deep colour

Regards,
    Tap

Tap,

thx for the reply!

We will price beat with relish!

ATB,

John Mc!

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

John,
    You are a star.
    Ok what the difference in speck between the 42PFL5604H and 42PFL7404H.

With my mate looking at a new system, I'm thinking wouldn't it be nice if I got a new receiver, sub and speakers. As said earlier they can be open box.

Regards,

Tap

• Advertisement

My mate still has not made up his mine, but any word on my previous post.

Tap,

apologies for the delay in getting back to you!

There are several differences between the 5604 and the 7404 - they are both Full HD but the 7404 also features:

100HZ
    3 Millisecond Picture performance for excellent motion (5 Ms on the 5604)
    80,000:1 contrast ratio (50,000:1 on the 5604)
    Slim Bezel / Surround
    4 HDMI (3 HDMI on the 5604)

See details here:
    http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/42pfl7404h_12/42pfl7404h_12_pss_eng.pdf
    http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/42pfl5604h_12/42pfl5604h_12_pss_eng.pdf

Back to your original post for your friend - I have a sniff of some Panasonic TH46 PZ 91's coming up which we can do at £849.95 including a full 5 year warranty if your friend was interested??

Thanks again for the post and apologies for taking so long to get back to you!

ATB,

John Mc
    John,
    You are a star.
    Ok what the difference in speck between the 42PFL5604H and 42PFL7404H.

With my mate looking at a new system, I'm thinking wouldn't it be nice if I got a new receiver, sub and speakers. As said earlier they can be open box.

Regards,

Tap

John,

I think the 7404 is the way to go. As it turns out I am in Belfast during the week and we can discuss how much you are willing to price beat :D and maybe look at the rest.

My mate, Pat, is still unsure what way to go:confused:
    Its typical I start looking for a system for someone else and I end up getting a new one for myself.

John,

My mate, Pat, is still unsure what way to go:confused:
    Its typical I start looking for a system for someone else and I end up getting a new one for myself.

Thanks Tap!

That's life isn't it - do a favour for someone and it ends up costing you money! :confused:

ATB,

John Mc

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.