Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Club Opening In Swords

• 18-07-2009 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

http://www.thewrightvenue.ie/home/

Looks very impressive allbeit poncy and even though it's in Swords very D4 type :confused: in the midst of the worst recession the country has ever seen this is indeed a bold move by those behind this venture, are they trying to emulate the POD circa 1994 to cater for the "beautiful and rich only" or is this just another run of the mill club marketed as being Ireland's best only time will tell,members only always a bad sign anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

acman wrote: »
    Well, I must agree the quality and quantity of women last night was fantastic...that wont last though and besides, you cant rate a club on fanny alone.

The club looks fantastic from the outside, however what lies inside is another thing. After queuing up or 20 mins at the side entrance (main entrance was reserved for VIP), and negotiating our way through the usual barrage of obnoxious bouncers, we finally got into what i can only describe as a huge disappointment. Once past the bouncers, the non vip members get to climb two flights of stairs (VIP's had lifts i believe) and pay a 15 euro entrance fee. Just before the cloakroom you are greeted by a small chick holding a huge freaking snake, accompanied by two naked chicks in gold paint in a sort of plexi glass cube. Tacky as fook if you ask me...and it gets worse...

As we are standing at the cloakroom, I hear the distant sound of the music being played...it sounded like chart / commercial music, "please god no" I said to myself! Once in main room, my fears were confirmed...the entire night consisted of the cheasiest commercial crap you would come to expect from the likes of an 18th teenage birthday party. The "DJ", was cranking out the very best from compilations such as "Now XX" or "This is Commercial Crap Volume XX". I listen to the radio all day at work, I DO NOT EXPECT to pay 15 euro to listen to it again in a so called "Super Club". If this wasn't enough, DJ stop and start showed off his skills by mashing the flanger / phaser / filter button relentlessly all night. This new club spent millions on this place but forgot to spend a few extra quid on a good DJ and establish a DECENT music policy...WTF???? It's like building a ferrari and forgetting to put the engine in! Most people i spoke to on the night felt the same way, and to prove my point, the dance floor was half empty ALL night.

That said, lets move onto the decor. If any of you have been to velvet / tamangos / crystal / lillies bordello then imagine that decor style. The clubs colour theme was red, red velvet curtains, red lights, red bars, red red red simply red! Not only does that promote hostility (red is an angry colour) but it felt i was in bleedin soho or something...

Moving swiftly on...I tried to have a nosey upstairs only to be harassed by another bouncer saying "VIP Only"! What the double fook? They effectively closed off all the top floors to the average punter on their OPENING NIGHT! Great idea...

So, out of sheer boredom from not being able to dance, I resorted to the smoking area and chat to me mates...at the bar, there were two barman who couldn't keep up with the clients. Not their fault, these guys were working their bollocks off, but you think management would fork out the extra 100 quid or so for another barman! On one round, my mate waited a full 20 minutes to get a pint.

The club closed at 2:30 (God bless Ireland's closing hours), so again, let the bouncer harassment begin! Push push, shout shout, the only thing missing was a whip cracking to get the punters out...i was expecting them to "release the hounds" at any given moment.

Once outside, there were plenty of taxis (hoooray!) and a bus...we enquired were the bus was going, "to swords" the driver yelled....and 5 euro at that! Are you fooking kidding me? We are ALREADY in Swords and they want 5 euro a head to be taken 1km down the road...you gotta be taking the p/ss right? Again, they spend millions on this place but cant afford to offer a free shuttle bus service? Bah...

To sum up this review, I think that if they changed the music policy they might have a chance at success...the services, decor and layout of the club will not be enough to bring the punters back (not this punter anyway). The women were hot and plentiful on that particular night, but as we have all come to learn, you cant count on that happening on a regular basis.

I do wish the Wright Venue the best of luck, but please, please pretty please, rethink your music policy...clubs are for music and dance, not tacky, extended hour drinking venues.

^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

welcome to 3 weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭aidan kelly

It shouldn't come as any great surprise that this place will be rubbish. The website, the facebook page, and "VIP" section (during a recession? you've got to be joking), the ridiculous entry fee, it all points to a Spirit mark 2 - I haven't even gone but I knew that it would be dreadful. I'm not even sure why it's being discussed on this forum, as it seems like the Northside's answer to Club 92 rather than a venue dedicated to electronic music (and even if it was, it has a completely counter ethos to the scene we all know and love on this forum). I would genuinely rather sit in and watch TV than go to a place like this, since when was paying €15 to drink in a Northside industrial estate "classy"? It's all hype, bollocks, and nonsense, I'd avoid it like the plague to be honest.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement