Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL router phone cable socket

Options
  • 18-07-2009 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Right folks, want to order a new wireless adsl router from pixmania.ie. Now as many of you will know, most of pixmania's products are french- so my question is, will my telephone cable be the correct size to plug into the back of it? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 nudelude

I would think it will work fine. If you can access the spec for the router look for a mention of an RJ11 socket. This is same type socket that your eircom dsl would have been provided on. The french telephone socket is a big (very overengineered looking) socket and it wouldn't be practical for the makers of the routers to use this type of socket on the equipment. Its likely that when french users buy this router they need to use a cable which is "french type" on 1 end and RJ11 on the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

French phone/adsl sockets take a plug like this.

image.php?file=855683&x=200&y=200&jpg=

Note the RJ11 socket at the bottom marked modem. You will have no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

Thats fine so, cheers for the advice guys. Will buy away so.

Advertisement