Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tarmac

Options
  • 18-07-2009 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi all hope someone can help on this . My Brother has just got stung by some cowboys who were to lay tarmac on his driveway, basicaly they have sprayed tar on his footpaths kerbing stones and up the side of his house, ( which is a white render) Does anyone if there is a way to remove same or if there is a product he can buy to clean it of.

Best Rgds.
    Babyjames

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Stratocaster

babyjames wrote: »
    Hi all hope someone can help on this . My Brother has just got stung by some cowboys who were to lay tarmac on his driveway, basicaly they have sprayed tar on his footpaths kerbing stones and up the side of his house, ( which is a white render) Does anyone if there is a way to remove same or if there is a product he can buy to clean it of.

Best Rgds.
    Babyjames

I think you can find tar remover in a good motor factors, sometimes it builds up on cars etc so this stuff breaks it down so you can wipe it away.

Sounds like you have a lot of tar sprayed around the house so it might be too expensive to go to a motor factors.

You could try using a alternative solution that could break down the tar, I am guessing you could use petrol or white spirits although I have never tried it on tar. Petrol is a great substance for dissolving glue etc so maybe give it a go, put some petrol on a cloth and rub it over the tar area to see if it works. As you know petrol's extremely flammable so be careful and wear gloves.

Advertisement