Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo here of someones work station? Help?

• 18-07-2009 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Once a few months ago I am sure I saw a photo of someones work station here, like a kitchen type room with a very large and cool work station. Made from a very dark wood. Tried finding it this morning after I lost the picture. Can anyone remember it? It filled the corner of the room and went about 7 or 8 foot of either wall.

I was hoping to have something similar in my attic conversion :o

Here is hoping!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Im pretty sure its challegemaster your looking for...

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Ha, I remember that picture. Can't recall who posted it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Nisroc

dazftw wrote: »
    Im pretty sure its challegemaster your looking for...

:D Damn I was going through morissseeee pixs this morning!

Thanks for the help, bottom right http://pix.ie/Challengemaster

I have to ask, is that a Precision laptop?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Nisroc

Ricky91t wrote: »

That is the one. Didn't know how to link it. Thanks everone.

Terribly cool work station imo. I recknon I could fit the PC, lap tops, monitors, TV and still have room for my Technics and mixer on something like that and still have room for a coffee cup :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I have to ask, is that a Precision laptop?
    Vostro 1700 :) There's a macbook there now too :D
    Nisroc wrote: »
    That is the one. Didn't know how to link it. Thanks everone.

Terribly cool work station imo. I recknon I could fit the PC, lap tops, monitors, TV and still have room for my Technics and mixer on something like that and still have room for a coffee cup :)

Hehe, cheers! Interesting to know my room is being talked about :D

Are you running two desktops there?

Just the one with the dual-screen setup at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Very cool workstation!:)

Is the PC situated beside the radiator? If so I'd recommend either turning the rad off or moving the pc away from a source of heat as it could cause problems.:)
    I had plans for a 4 monitor setup about a year ago (purchased four 24" Dell 2408wfp monitors too). Unfortunately SWMBO wasn't too happy at me taking up a complete room with computer gear so I'm now confined to a corner with a single Dell 3008wfp monitor :mad::o

• Advertisement

Nforce wrote: »

Is the PC situated beside the radiator? If so I'd recommend either turning the rad off or moving the pc away from a source of heat as it could cause problems.:)
    I had plans for a 4 monitor setup about a year ago (purchased four 24" Dell 2408wfp monitors too). Unfortunately SWMBO wasn't too happy at me taking up a complete room with computer gear so I'm now confined to a corner with a single Dell 3008wfp monitor :mad::o

Nah, the PC sitting beside the rad is the one not in use at the moment. The other one is under the desk to the right of that (where the blue lights are coming from :D) Main PC has about 6+ fans running on it and plenty of space too, so no cooling problems :)

I should really get around to cleaning up the room and taking some decent pics :D

4 monitor setup would be pretty damn sweet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Poor you!Try using a 17" lcd that came with a €300 desktop from PC world :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Poor you!Try using a 17" lcd that came with a €300 desktop from PC world :pac:

LOL.....I've been there. Now I build all my own PC's. Which reminds me...I've two new builds and a full refit of one pc to do:(

LOL.....I've been there. Now I build all my own PC's. Which reminds me...I've two new builds and a full refit of one pc to do:(

So much handier tho, isn't it?! :D Christ, we'll turn this place into the building&upgrading forum if we keep going :D

BTW Nisroc, as regards my workstation - It's not actual wood, it's dark walnut MDF with a thick real wood edging on all of the worktop.

Advertisement