Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Camera shops in Belfast?

• 18-07-2009 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭

I'm considering buying a Nikon D90 or similar, are there any good camera shops in Belfast where I might get it a bit cheaper than down here in the south?

(thinking of going up for a weekend soon anyway)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Rael

I bought my equipment from Calumet in Belfast last year & can thoroughly recommend them. You can get their details & prices from here.

Just give them a ring before you go up if you want something specific and they'll order it into stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

I also bought from Calumet in Belfast but I didn't go up there. I rang them and they sent my D700 down by courier. I also bought lens from them and same delivery arrangements, had my stuff within 3 days. Nice people to deal with.

Calumet in Belfast
    Boucher Plaza Unit 2
    4-6 Boucher Road
    Belfast, BT12 6HR 02890 777770 M-F 9 to 5:30
    Sat. 9 to 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

There is also Jessops in Newry. I found them excellent.

I was one of the posters who in the past justified going up North for gear but in Fairness the price gap has closed considerably. Might be worth checking a few places down here first.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Rael

LeoB wrote: »
    There is also Jessops in Newry. I found them excellent.

I was one of the posters who in the past justified going up North for gear but in Fairness the price gap has closed considerably. Might be worth checking a few places down here first.

Agreed, I was looking at the 5D Mark II recently. I was quoted €2449 in Gunn's. With the exchange rate from Sterling to Euro (I was quoted the rate on Monday), it would cost me €2442 from Calumet.

Advertisement