Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband coming and going

Options
  • 18-07-2009 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Have had UPC for a little while now and started experiencing first problems last night and since then the broadband has been down for up to an hour at a time on 4 occaisions. Is this unusual for UPC? So far I've found the service way better than the Eircom / BT offering, but I'm a little concerned at this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Nisroc

23:59 wrote: »
    Have had UPC for a little while now and started experiencing first problems last night and since then the broadband has been down for up to an hour at a time on 4 occaisions. Is this unusual for UPC? So far I've found the service way better than the Eircom / BT offering, but I'm a little concerned at this.

UPC/NTL are usually great but every now and then at times during the year they go down for about 4 hours in the evening for a few days running. Had a good run there for about 9-10 months but then last week every evening when I came home it came back on at about 9 o'clock on the dot. From that I can only assume they were working on something somewhere? May have been the week before last :)

I recall once someone told me they were moving servers in the netherlands the last time it happened but I can't vouch for that.

Advertisement