Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FEES

Options
  • 18-07-2009 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Does anybody have a list of fees for attending DIT first year 09/10. I was in Maynooth last year and am returning to college in September. A quick reply would be good as I have until July 22 to apply. The course I'm looking at at the moment is Marketing. Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 durruti

Hi there,

This depends on what level you done up to in NUI Maynooth to date, and what level you're looking to do in DIT. You're entitled to free fees under present circumstances as long as you're progressing through a degree, i.e. for each single year of an undergraduate course. If you have done 1 year in Maynooth and dropped out, and then go onto 1st year in DIT, you're liable for full fees for that year. The 2nd and subsequent years will be free. However, you will be liable for the registration fee regardless, which is €1,500 per year.

If you're moving onto a postgraduate course, you're liable for full fees, although the registration fee is not as costly (as far as I'm aware).

Full fees stand at approximately €3,700-€4,500 per year.

However, if you qualify for a maintenance grant, you will be entitled to free fees, free registration and you will receive an amount of maintenance depending on your circumstances. This is again only available if you're progressing through a degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭falipo

Whole-time fees for 2008/2009 are as follows:

Certificate (Level 6)
    €2,268

Ordinary Degree (Level 7)
    €2,354

Honours Degree (Level 8)
    €3,219

Architecture / Engineering Degree
    €3,850

These included the €900 capitation fee! I was told they will be more this year and then theres the extra capitation.

Advertisement