Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor MMS and GPRS settings

• 18-07-2009 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

1st of all i have trawled through the boards looking for an answer.I still cant get these settings to work so i sent Meteor an email

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Request:
    I have a Windows Mobile 6 phone and i want to get
    the settings so i can

(1)Send/Receive MMS messages.
    (2)Use the internet
    Im not sure if its wap settings or gprs settings i
    need maybe you can advise

THank You
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dear Damien,

Thank you for your email.

Further to your query, I can advise you Meteor do not currently sell the Window Mobile Phone and as such, we are unable to provide settings specific to this phone. I can however confirm that you may still be able to use standard GPRS and MMS settings from our network.

I have outlined the steps below so you can make full use of the MMS function of the handset. In order for you to be eligible to use this handset's MMS function, I have activated the ISP Internet Connection on your handset. This function also allows you to use your iPhone as a modem.

In order to fully activate Isp Internet, WAP and MMS on your phone, please follow the steps provided.

· First you will need to go to the SETTINGS menu on your handset.
    · Once in this menu please select the GENERAL option.
    · When you have accessed this menu, please choose the NETWORK option.
    · After you have entered this option, please choose the EDGE option and enter the following settings:

APN: isp.mymeteor.ie
    Username: my
    Password: meteor

mmsc: mms.mymeteor.ie
    proxy: 010.085.085.085:8799
    apn: mms.mymeteor.ie
    username: my
    password: meteor
    image size: medium

I would like to make you aware that accessing the Internet through your phone is a chargeable service with standard rates at 2 cent per KB downloaded.

Meteor have however just launched great new Mobile Internet rates for pre pay customers whereby the first 50 MB of data downloaded each day is charged at only 99 cent and it is only after this amount has been used that standard charging rates comes into effect.You can check the balance of your 50MB daily allowance at any time from your phone by dialling *#105#.
    Please contact us with any further queries on free phone 1905 or info@meteor.ie

Regards,

*SNIP*

Customer Care Administration Department
    Meteor Mobile Communications
    Ph: 1905
    Email:
    info@meteor.ie

[/FONT]

I tried these settings and still no look.I must be doing something wrong.I entered settings from a sticky all ready but they stoped working after a day.

Should i delete all the connections i have at the moment and try with this settings and if so how do i do it.

Thanking you in Advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Please do not post staff members names on this forum without their permission.

Have a look at the FAQ. There's a couple of walkthroughs for your problem there.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055516939

Reading your post I'm not sure if you entered them already or not. What I would suggest is clearing them all and entering from the sticky again.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ShamrockAir

Still no Luck :(

I know i should be entering MMS settings to receive picture messages so i should follow this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59855427&postcount=37

But i dont know how to enter the info

Also i probaly need to delete the other networks i set up Anyone know how to do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Still no Luck :(

I know i should be entering MMS settings to receive picture messages so i should follow this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59855427&postcount=37

But i dont know how to enter the info

Also i probaly need to delete the other networks i set up Anyone know how to do that?
    I did a search on your Windows Mobile device, as you mentioned the model name in another thread, and it appears to be a Chinese handset. As such, I am unaware whether it contains a standard version of Windows Mobile 6 Professional, so the below may or may not be entirely accurate. Either way, you should be able to use the below as a basis to set your handset up correctly.

To delete any existing connections, go here:

Start => Settings => Connections tab => Connections

You will have two options, My ISP and My Work Network. Select Manage existing connections under My ISP first and delete any existing connections; you can delete a connection by pressing the screen over the connection name until the option Delete appears and select it. Once finished, do the same under My Work Network.

Once this has been carried out, follow the guide in the FAQs for Windows Mobile 6 Professional and you should be able to connect to the Internet and send/receive MMS, provided your mobile number is provisioned correctly on the Meteor network.

Thank you for your help il give it a go now.

Again thank you

Ok i have deleted all the connections so now i go to

Start
    Settings
    Connections
    Connections

I then see

Connections ?

My ISP name 1

Add a new modem connection
    Add a new VPN server connection
    Set up my proxy server

Not sure what to do now.The most annoying thing is that i never have any problems like this.

When im unsure of how to do something i google and come up with the answer myself.I rarely ask a question in forums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Ok i have deleted all the connections so now i go to

Start
    Settings
    Connections
    Connections

I then see

Connections ?

My ISP name 1

Add a new modem connection
    Add a new VPN server connection
    Set up my proxy server

Not sure what to do now.The most annoying thing is that i never have any problems like this.

When im unsure of how to do something i google and come up with the answer myself.I rarely ask a question in forums.
    Under meteor isp data connection, select Add a new modem connection and the follow the guide in the FAQs, as noted below:

Enter a name for the connection: Meteor Data
    Select a modem: Cellular line (GPRS, 3G)
    Press Next
    Access point name: data.mymeteor.ie
    Press Next
    User name: my
    Password: wap
    Domain: (should be left blank)
    Press Finish

Once this step has been completed, you should be able to connect to the Internet.

Now i get a message saying

Cannot Connect

Cannot connect with your current connection settings.
    TO change your connection settings, tap settings

Settings Dismiss

I think i might factory reset my phone and start over :(

Advertisement