Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N95 Button Problem

• 18-07-2009 4:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have an N95 which I love but have been having an extremely irritating problem with it over the past couple of days. The "0" button is broken and is being pressed constantly. I've actually taken off the button and fiddled around with the contact but the problem still seems to come and go.

Would anybody have any ideas on this or even where I might go about getting it repaired?

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

Fonemenders.ie repair phones for o2 so they should be at least reliable and competent at what they do .I have never used these people before but considering other cowboy shops out there in dublin ,it might be worth contacting them for their opinion at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Thanks for the suggestion. I might try them out.

I might try the hard reset as a longshot first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Nevermind that they repair phones for O2...they're Nokia Service Centres,so can definately fix it!

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

Same happened my one. Took it to the Nokia Service Centre in Cork. They replaced the keypad. Took about 2hours and cost nothing.

JimBob85 wrote: »
    Same happened my one. Took it to the Nokia Service Centre in Cork. They replaced the keypad. Took about 2hours and cost nothing.

Brilliant. I'll look into it tomorrow.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The fact that you removed the button yourself isnt going to go in your favour regards a free warranty fix.

Davy wrote: »
    The fact that you removed the button yourself isnt going to go in your favour regards a free warranty fix.

I was thinking along the same lines. I might try and stick it back on and blag it.

As regards the warranty fix - I bought the phone on ebay so don't have a proof of purchase. Will this go against me? I'll drop into that phonemenders place tomorrow.

Just a quick follow up on this.

I got the phone fixed for free from this crowd out in Sandyford - delighted. New keypad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Nice result, guessing it was mprc

Advertisement