If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freesat HD recievers

Options
  • 18-07-2009 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering what your selection of bargin freesat HD receivers would be like. I'm thinking of getting it for my phillips 32pfl5604. I have not decided yet though as it very much depends on the price.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Cronos,

Of course it depends on price - you are our fave bargain hunter!

Ok we only have 2 Freesat HD receivers and they are the big popular ones from Humax:

We have the Foxsat HD receiver only which is currently just £119.95 - a completely crazy price - see details here http://www.richersounds.com/product/freeview-freesat-pvr/humax/foxsat-hd/huma-foxsathd-box

Or..

We have the much more popular recorder version the Foxsat HDR which includes a 320GB recorder and twin tuners allowing you to watch one programme and record another or even record two channels at the same time! :eek: this unit is currently £249.95 again see details here: http://www.richersounds.com/product/freeview-freesat-pvr/humax/foxsat-hdr/huma-foxsat-hdr-box

We have to charge delivery on these I'm afraid and that is £11.99 for next day courier delivery.

Thanks again for the enquiry and please just drop me a line if I can help in any way!

Hope the Philips 32" is going well?

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

might wait till an open box version pops up. Thanks for the help.

cronos wrote: »
    might wait till an open box version pops up. Thanks for the help.

No problem Cronos - thanks for the post - I'll keep you in mind if I see a stray one in a dog eared box around the stores ;)

Thanks again,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Question... does (either of) this/these work with the tuner on the pfl5604?
    i.e. you dont need a dish?

Sorry, im wading thru the HDTV minefield slowly.

Acq,

no 'fraid not - you must have a dish with the Freesat - you may be thinking of 'Freeview' which is a different technology altogether and is a UK based MPEG2 jobbie.

The 5604 series has both MPEG2 and MPEG4 (the Irish version of 'freeview') on board already and this does NOT require a dish - however at the moment you will only receive the local channels via the MPEG4 receiver as RTE are just doing engineering trials and the system does not properly go live until later in the year!

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=55

This really is the place to find out all about Freeview/freesat etc - there is a Mega helpful Boardie there called STB who should be given the freedom of Dublin as he has helped out so many Boardies at this stage - seek him out or of course just drop us a line and we will do our level best to assist..

Thanks again,

John mc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Does it need one or two inputs from the satellite?

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭TJM

Just stumbled on this thread and was wondering whether you currently sell a device which would cover both HD freesat and Irish "freeview" when it goes live - ideally with a HDD recorder! I know a separate box will be available for Irish freeview, but I'd like to reduce the number of boxes currently under the TV.

dixiefly wrote: »
    Does it need one or two inputs from the satellite?

Apologies for taking so long to reply :o

The Humax HDR recorder uses 2 inputs..

Thanks again and please drop me a line if I can assist,

ATB,

John Mc

TJM wrote: »
    Just stumbled on this thread and was wondering whether you currently sell a device which would cover both HD freesat and Irish "freeview" when it goes live - ideally with a HDD recorder! I know a separate box will be available for Irish freeview, but I'd like to reduce the number of boxes currently under the TV.

Apologies for taking so long to reply

Not at the moment - I wish we did and and it's a damn good idea!

Thanks again and please drop me a line if I can assist,

ATB,

John Mc

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.