Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[XBOX360] Boards UFC Championship - Round 1

• 18-07-2009 4:29pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭

OK folks..as the buffer would say..."ITS TIME"!!!!

Ive made the draw for the opening tournament. It will be played across 2 weight divsions which you have been randomly assigned to as per below. At the end of the tournament we will have a champion in both divisions and a league ladder based on the results of the tournament. Just because you may lose your initial fight doesnt matter it is just so we have a champion in each division to start with and can progress with a league format from there.

I will ask that when you play your matches you keep a note of the round the fight ended in and the method of victory so either KO,Submission or on Points.

When organising your matches the person whos name is on top of the fixture hosts.

Quitting will not be tolerated and is a known issue in UFC as im sure you know, if a person quits the match then it is considered a loss be it them quitting or loss of connection.

You may choose whatever fighter you wish in the division you have been assigned, no CAF are allowed. The settings are listed below for setting up the match.

Division: The one you have been assigned to
    Rounds:3
    UFC/CAF: UFC only

There is no changing division or fighting at any other division than that which you have been assigned.

As things progress there may be an option to move up or down in class but for now play as assigned.

Results to be posted in the following format:

Weight Division: HW or LH
    Gamertag: Irish Wolverine
    Opponent: wuzzie24
    Win/Loss/Draw: Win
    Round No.: Round 2
    Method: Submission

This will allow me to keep an ongoing record for league purposes.

Now lets fight!!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

All fights must be fought at the weight division you are in.

Heavy Weight Division:
    GT: J7rain vs GT: steedevaney

GT: JimmyFloydH vs GT: theculk83

GT: G M E 27 vs GT: The14thLetter

GT: neilhimself vs GT: TuneTuneTuner

Light Heavyweight Division:

GT: DeleMu vs GT: RichieMUFC

GT: wigglesman1 vs GT: The Dunne

GT: Irish Wolverine vs GT: wuzzie24

GT: will i am not vs GT: SDTimeout

All the above matches are to be played by the end of this week no later than midnight Friday with the results of the fight to be posted here by both players involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,256 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Sweet, thanks to everyone involved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

my little bastard nephews have stolen my disc. I will be tearing their house apart looking for it today cos they are gone away for the weekend.

Weight Division: LH
    GamerTag: JimmyFloydH
    Opponent: Theculk83
    Win/Loss/Draw:Win
    Round No. Round 3
    Method: Submission (Kimura)

Sweet :cool:

• Advertisement

I pressume you meant weight division HW not LH yes?

Yeah, i think so.

I cant remember now haha.

I won anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Im on holidays ax, think im coming home with my nan on wedensday, will let ye know

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Yeah, i think so.

I cant remember now haha.

I won anyway!

You're in a division for a reason so please make sure the rest of your matches are played at that weight.
    SDTimeout wrote: »
    Im on holidays ax, think im coming home with my nan on wedensday, will let ye know

Ya no worries SD i seen you were away in the Fifa thread but guessed you would be back before Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Axwell wrote: »

FIX! FIX! FIX! :D

That is all.

• Advertisement

Guys games need to be played and the results posted as soon as possible for this to proceed to the next stage.

Tried to play DeleMu 3 times earlier, every time we either one of us went for a submission the connection went.

I'd say they screwed up the patch.

Whoa.... has the patch been released?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Lads I think I have the worst luck when it comes to Tournaments for this game. Ive sent an FR to G M E 27 & a message asking him when he wants to play, no reply. I do be on nearly every week night but I bet he won't be around ill the weekend (when Im not around!)

nicklauski wrote: »
    Lads I think I have the worst luck when it comes to Tournaments for this game. Ive sent an FR to G M E 27 & a message asking him when he wants to play, no reply. I do be on nearly every week night but I bet he won't be around ill the weekend (when Im not around!)

I just logged in and noticed that the FR i sent him ages ago still hasnt gone through.

I know of an alternate if someone drops out by the way!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I just logged in and noticed that the FR i sent him ages ago still hasnt gone through.

I know of an alternate if someone drops out by the way!

No thanks i have people already lined up.

The patch hasnt been released yet, I played someone there and submitted them with any hassles so not sure what story is with your fight with DeleMu Y2J

i'm so sick of the quitting scumbags!! I just played FIVE games in a row where my opponents quit.

its ridiculous!

Axwell wrote: »
    No thanks i have people already lined up.

The patch hasnt been released yet, I played someone there and submitted them with any hassles so not sure what story is with your fight with DeleMu Y2J

Very strange. Especially 3 times in a row. I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

i'll be goin on hols for 2 weeks, so i might as well drop out, if someone wants my place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DavidMcC1989

evil_seed wrote: »
    i'll be goin on hols for 2 weeks, so i might as well drop out, if someone wants my place

If this guy's dropping out, I'll be more then happy to take his place.

• Advertisement

If this guy's dropping out, I'll be more then happy to take his place.

Sorry have someone already that was due the first available slot. Leave your gamertag and keep an eye on the post as there will be other options to join once this tournament is over and there are numbers looking to join to open another division.

Add your gamertag here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055611957&page=3

evil_seed wrote: »

Thanks for telling me but why play your match if you knew you werent going to be around later on :confused:

Right folks im not seeing results here for fixtures, these need to be played by the end of the week or else the results will be decided randomly for you.

Heavy Weight Division:

GT: J7rain vs GT: steedevaney

GT: JimmyFloydH (Winner) vs GT: theculk83 (replaced by colmise)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

SDTimeout wrote: »

Well my guy might be home today, keyword, might.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭steedevaney

J7rain and me have just finished our match.

Weight Division: HW
    Gamertag: steedevaney
    Opponent: j7rain
    Win/Loss/Draw: Win
    Round No.: Round 2
    Method: KO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

GT: Irish Wolverine (Winner by Submission) vs GT: wuzzie24

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Hey,

Just saw that I have been subbed in.. Presume it means I don't have to fight JimmyFloydH as he won already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

Howdy lads. The robbing bastárd nephews of mine have finally given back my copy, so as of this afternoon.....I'm back!!!! Sorry for holding you up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Still no sign if G M E 27. If he's not on before 6 this evening I cant play our match. I'll be working the rest of the weekend.

Any matches not played by tonight I will be assigning the winner myself based on effort made to play the game, pms received to say why they couldnt etc. I cant be waiting for everyone to make the effort to play, all it takes a pm to the other person to arrange a time. After 12 tonight I will be posting the next round of the competition and expect those to be played within the next few days so we can wrap up the tournament and crown our champs and progress from there. If i havent received a result by 12 tonight whatever ruling i make stands so if i receive late results they wont be counted.

Heavy Weight Division:

GT: J7rain vs GT: steedevaney (Winner)

GT: JimmyFloydH (Winner) vs GT: theculk83 (replaced by colmise)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Moved as per op request.

Advertisement