Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liam Carroll's property empire on the brink of collapse..

• 18-07-2009 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

According to today's independent
    http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/developer-buys-time-to-avert-836411bn-crash-1828752.html

The shoe box king of Dublin is on the brink of collapse.

No doubt anyone in negative equity stuck in one of his miserable flats will get some glee from his demise.

I do believe his collapse should not be prevented as I am tired of this argument that he is to big to collapse and a fire sale of his assets will lead to a property collapse. People we are already in a collapse market finishing off these wounded property moguls (Carroll, Dunne, McNamara, Crosby etc) will only let the market economy flourish and new entrepreneurs will step up to take their place. Now is a time more than ever for us to believe in the free market, and not have a zombie developer style rescue similar to our current banking bailout.

Remember these people did not know where to stop they also contributed to our inflated property bubble in no small way with their high profile land bank purchases at ridiculous prices.

Let them all perish…. as there is no rescue for the negative equity mortgage defaulter.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I'm not sure where this thread belongs, but it isn't here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement