Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boston in November?

• 18-07-2009 4:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭

Friend of mine has had the hair brained scheme of getting an open ended ticket to Boston this November and staying for 3-6 months.

Just wondering if anyone has traveled there, especially at that time of year? How would it be to find work? I know it's a recession, with less j-1'ers around could there possibility be more work than in the summer months?

His cousin lives over there so we should be able to shack up in her gaff for the short to medium term, or would anyone recommend hostels or other cheap accommodation?

I could save like crazy to get a few grand together by that stage no problem, but the way I am I'd fear it wouldn't last me too long over there with going out etc.

Any experiences from anyone who has done something, especially for that time of the year would be very much appreciated!

Advertisement